Household Income: $50,000

College Graduate: Usually

Male/Female: Mostly Female

Married/Single: Mostly Single

·
Registered
39 Posts
40%

I only fit two of those five demographics.

I'm all for "breaking the mold".

It looks like I'd be doing just that if I buy one since I don't even match it 50/50.
:)

Reactions: HRV4ME

·
Registered
185 Posts
I only got one of the five, but I can see where they are coming from with this, as it is a cheaper, smaller version of an SUV - hence the younger, single, $50 grand, female demographic. Usually those who buy regular SUVs are the opposite of these.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't know that this "projected demographic" really narrows things down considering that the group described generally isn't generally considered top priority by a fair number of sales people. I remember being 25 and single and having to bring a male friend with me to the dealership just to get someone to talk to me without being totally slimy*. This demographic is just who they want to prime sales to expect being most interested in the vehicle. It also might or might not affect the advertising imagery.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents.

*The slimy sales person was at a single dealership. Most were just ignoring me.

·
Registered
290 Posts
That is so spot-on. Even today, 2015, when we go to a dealership to buy a car for my wife, and we're 60, I still have to stand behind her to even get a salesman to talk to her. And a lot of times they look right past her and start talking to me, at which point I don't say a word and point to her.

It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. When we find a female salesperson, it's like a breath of fresh air.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts