Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I was in to my local dealer yesterday and they are now saying they will get one (1) HRV sometime in July. They also said dates may slip further.

I have been worried for a while about quality issues with the Mexico Plant. I am concerned about those first HRVs, even if I could get one :). Also I would prefer to buy a vehicle made in Canada and support our economy here.

So, was top of my list, now it's off it entirely. Will be purchasing a new vehicle in the next couple of days. Thanks for all the great posts on this forum - fun and informative.

Over and out.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Hey guys

I was in to my local dealer yesterday and they are now saying they will get one (1) HRV sometime in July. They also said dates may slip further.

I have been worried for a while about quality issues with the Mexico Plant. I am concerned about those first HRVs, even if I could get one :). Also I would prefer to buy a vehicle made in Canada and support our economy here.

So, was top of my list, now it's off it entirely. Will be purchasing a new vehicle in the next couple of days. Thanks for all the great posts on this forum - fun and informative.

Over and out.

Best of luck in whatever you purchase.

I have been going through older posts and am struck by how many initial enthusiasts there were for this car. So many have dropped off the radar. I think the HR-V will be a big success eventually, but I can't help but wonder how many they have lost so far.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Best of luck in whatever you purchase.

I have been going through older posts and am struck by how many initial enthusiasts there were for this car. So many have dropped off the radar. I think the HR-V will be a big success eventually, but I can't help but wonder how many they have lost so far.

I think it is hard when people are tired of waiting and want to make a decision now, or need to make a decision now. Luckily I am in the okay to wait it out and see what happens group.

·
Registered
255 Posts

Over and out.
Sounds great and best wishes! May we ask what you're buying?
Not that it is remotely similar, just curious.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I think it is hard when people are tired of waiting and want to make a decision now, or need to make a decision now. Luckily I am in the okay to wait it out and see what happens group.
I am in a position to wait too. My xB continues to be reliable. It is just starting to give signs that it is getting older and I want to avoid any possible major repairs in the future.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I am in a position to wait too. My xB continues to be reliable. It is just starting to give signs that it is getting older and I want to avoid any possible major repairs in the future.
I am in a position to wait as well. My vehicle is reliable too, at almost 200K, but I would buy anytime if something motives me. In all honesty, there isn't much out there tugging at me. Most of the new vehicles models have become boring clones of each other for the most part.

·
Registered
751 Posts
That's a tad... disappointing. I'm a bit sceptical that they'd release it in Apr/May in the US and not bring it to Canada until July. It's certainly possible, just seems unlikely.

It's also just remotely possible that a dealer would fib, just a bit, to try and sell the cars actually on the lot. Shocking, I know, but I've heard of such things...

I'm hoping to get to my dealer today, so we'll see what their story is. I'd encourage other Canadians to do the same, to see if there's any kind of consensus out there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just got an email from Scion indicating that they will be coming out with a new model. I wish I'd saved it for you, but you likely already know anyway.
-
When I bought my Subaru the other day, I also contacted a Honda dealer who said they moved their HRV vehicle training from next week till the end of JUNE! Not going to lie, that helped push me to the Subaru dealer next door. But as I sat and signed the paperwork for the new car a different Honda dealer emailed me and said they expected their model car on 4/10.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I just got an email from Scion indicating that they will be coming out with a new model. I wish I'd saved it for you, but you likely already know anyway.
-
When I bought my Subaru the other day, I also contacted a Honda dealer who said they moved their HRV vehicle training from next week till the end of JUNE! Not going to lie, that helped push me to the Subaru dealer next door. But as I sat and signed the paperwork for the new car a different Honda dealer emailed me and said they expected their model car on 4/10.
The have released a photo "teaser" for that new model. It is supposed to be Scion's first sedan, so probably not what I am looking for.

The teaser....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Many thanks - and the winner is...

Enjoy your new vehicle!
2015 CRV SE Basque red - ordered and coming my way. Made in Ontario!
With earth dreams mileage almost the same as the HRV it was not a hard decision. I am 6'5" and fit in a Fit but getting into the CRV yesterday with all that lovely tech was like coming home. Hondalink here I come.
Second choice was the the Prius V. Like the mileage but the seat does not fit me well and the steering wheel has no place to put my big hands ( which makes it hard to steer the wheels :) )

Thanks Bicepeak for all you work on this forum. Good luck with your new HRV - I am sure it will be awesome.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Just came from my local dealer. They're scheduled to get their first 5 HR-Vs in May, likely getting to see and drive it at a central event a couple of weeks before.

Here's hoping...

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
2015 CRV SE Basque red - ordered and coming my way. Made in Ontario!
With earth dreams mileage almost the same as the HRV it was not a hard decision. I am 6'5" and fit in a Fit but getting into the CRV yesterday with all that lovely tech was like coming home. Hondalink here I come.
Second choice was the the Prius V. Like the mileage but the seat does not fit me well and the steering wheel has no place to put my big hands ( which makes it hard to steer the wheels :) )

Thanks Bicepeak for all you work on this forum. Good luck with your new HRV - I am sure it will be awesome.
Tower,
I had been thinking how amazing red makes a car look. Congrats on your purchase!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
My new wheels

Thanks to folks at Kings County honda (lauren - sales) for my super-size-me HRV (2015 CRV SE):laugh:
Love it already

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey guys

Over and out.
End of the HRV project for me as well.

As I'll have to change no later then june, I'll go for an Accord.

Well, I'm certainly not that sad lol..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts