Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Kelley Blue Book suggests a fair range price of $22,990- $23,799 with an average price of $23,395 for a new 2019 HRV EX in my area. This includes destination but excludes taxes, title and fees. I know people can be uncomfortable divulging what they paid for their vehicle but I would love to know since I’ve read that there is not much of a markup on these Honda’s. Is that really true or just a line? I live in Georgia and currently the best advertised internet price without haggling is $22,199. I have not been to this particular dealer because it is a bit of a drive but I thought about going to my local dealer and saying, “ Hey this is what your competitor is advertising, how much lower can you go?”
I did some leg work a month or two ago with three dealers, plus did the crazy Truecar deal, and was hounded with not such great deals.
So.... what deals has anyone got on the 2019 HRV- EX here in the south? What fees are ones I can avoid? I decided I am going to finance part of it for 2.9% with Honda and maybe that will help with price as well. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
SUVs in general are just too hot to get a discount. Look on true car for what they’re selling for in your area I find it to be pretty accurate. I just shop for a friend almost the entire “state of South Florida” and it was $500 off with the documentation fee somewhere around 400 to 600… Maybe you can negotiate that down. But it’s not that there is little mark up on an SUV, it’s the demand is too hot. If you don’t buy it , somebody else will…

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can’t access the part of this forum that deals with pricing so here it goes in the general area for now and hopefully it gets some helpful advice before being moved...

So I have been corresponding with five dealerships and so far the best price I can get is around $25,300 out the door with mud guards, tray liner, all weather mats and nitrogen in the tires. Also 2.9 % financing. I was hoping more in the ballpark of $24,300 out the door but maybe that is not realistic. Anyone have an idea? I can give the complete price breakdown.
MSRP: $ 24,765
ADVERTISED PRICE: $ 22,199
Doc Fee:$699.00
State and Local Taxes:$1609.79
Title and Tag Fees:$145.00
Total drive out price:$24,652.79 (+ $599 in accessories)=$25,364.79

1 - 4 of 4 Posts