Honda HR-V Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Lifetime MPG (US Gallons) on mine is 34.5, with about 10K miles on my manual EX.

Best trip MPG: 47 (engine warmed up, inside/outside temp were the same, 40MPH flat city driving for 15 minutes, so basically cheating)
Best real trip MPG: 42 (with a bike rack on the back and some hills, 55MPH roads)
Worst trip MPG: 29

I just can't shut up about how good my mileage is to friends :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Recently did a road trip where the first half was up and down hills and the last half was pretty much stop-and-go traffic for the most part. Still ended up around 34.2 mpg.

I'm at 6k miles and definitely see the mpg go up as the months go by.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
My HR-V turned 20,000 miles during an ~1800 mile trip to Delaware and back earlier this month. Trip meter showed ~35 mpg for the entire trip, my hand calculations came up with ~34 mpg. This included a few hundred miles of very short trips and perpetual traffic congestion in Delaware. One day it took 20 minutes to go 2 miles after a truck carrying 20 tons of penny blanks flipped on I-95. People in the Atlanta metro area complain about traffic, but it can't compare with New Castle County.

·
Registered
3 Posts
mpg changes significantly when adding passengers. i've had over 40mpg on long flat trips driving alone at 65mph, but extra weight changes things a lot.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My HR-V has historically gotten about 29 mpg. I think mileage is mostly affected by temperature, speed, stop and go driving and driving habits, but 34 mpg? I doubt it.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts