Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The HRV doesnt seem to have a hood light.
But I think the opening of the hood while car is armed causes the alarm to go off.
So the hood switch is 'electronically' connected.

My question is: Does leaving the hood up without the alarm set cause any battery drain?

·
Registered
381 Posts
My 2017 in the states, does not appear to have anything that would indicate the hood is connected in anyway with a switch etc. Unless its in the hood release mechanism itself .... but I don't see that.

·
Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
200 Posts
Any wires connected to the hood latch?

·
Registered
221 Posts
The HRV doesnt seem to have a hood light.
But I think the opening of the hood while car is armed causes the alarm to go off.
So the hood switch is 'electronically' connected.

My question is: Does leaving the hood up without the alarm set cause any battery drain?

On our Canadian HRV LX, there is definitely a hood latch sensor.
It's integrated into the hood latch, you can see the wires running to it.

With the hood up, the remote Fob will lock the doors but HRV will not beep.
Leaving the hood up with the alarm active or in-active will not cause the battery to drain.
I've had our HRV in various states in our garage when we 1st bought it.

You have several separate threads and posts on your HRV electrical and battery issues.
One of your posts mentions issues with your keyless start, another mentions a dead battery and you replaced your battery 7 months ago, another post mentions a possible parasitic battery drain.

Perhaps post up a summary of your HRV issues and actions taken so everyone can get a full picture of the problems.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On our Canadian HRV LX, there is definitely a hood latch sensor.
It's integrated into the hood latch, you can see the wires running to it.

With the hood up, the remote Fob will lock the doors but HRV will not beep.
Leaving the hood up with the alarm active or in-active will not cause the battery to drain.
I've had our HRV in various states in our garage when we 1st bought it.

You have several separate threads and posts on your HRV electrical and battery issues.
One of your posts mentions issues with your keyless start, another mentions a dead battery and you replaced your battery 7 months ago, another post mentions a possible parasitic battery drain.

Perhaps post up a summary of your HRV issues and actions taken so everyone can get a full picture of the problems.
I was just wondering if leaving the hood up will cause a drain on the battery even if there is no light.
The latest problem I had was the battery wouldn't hold a charge.
I'm trying with another battery now to narrow down the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts