Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My hrv just been overhauled and now i have to keep toping up coolant and somehow there isn't coolant everytime.Anyone knows why?

Super Moderator
If it is not leaking on the floor. Then it is leaking into the engine. Check to see if the oil level is getting higher or smell of coolant?

Registered
Also check for coolant odor in the exhaust. There are kits to test for exhaust gasses in the coolant. This usually means a bad head gasket.

Registered
If it is a bad head gasket, the product Bar's Leak is worth a try. In the late 1900s I had Ford Explorer that had a bad head gasket. It was out of warranty. I used Bar's Leak and drove it another 100K. In the early 21st century Subaru had a problem with head gaskets. they had a recall. The recall was to add a Bar's Leak equivalent to the coolant. If you did, they extended the warranty on the head gaskets.

Registered
What got overhauled and by who?

You would be the first leaky head gasket we've seen here on a modern HRV (2015+),so something is obviously wrong. Or do you have one of the old first Gen models? Nobody on this forum has one, so you'll get limited support

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Registered
If it was 'JUST' overhauled and coolant refilled, the level will drop over a period of time as air is purged.

This purging occurs over 6 - 10 drive cycles. Keep checking it...

++++++++++

I doubt the OP has a original HR-V as sold overseas, as his country flag is USA...

Registered
If it was 'JUST' overhauled and coolant refilled, the level will drop over a period of time as air is purged.

This purging occurs over 6 - 10 drive cycles. Keep checking it...

++++++++++

I doubt the OP has a original HR-V as sold overseas, as his country flag is USA...
YES- this was my first thought- !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts