Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is a good example of things to come:

http://www.crownhonda.com/new-Tampa+Bay-2016-Honda-HRV-EX-3CZRU5H58GM703646

Crown Honda in FL claims the following:

2016 Honda HR-V EX
MSRP: $22,845
*Sale Price: $22,240
Discount: - $605

I see no reference to CVT so I imagine its a 6MT and there is no reference to AWD so especially in FL, it is probably a FWD.

Then this is the best part:
"*All prices plus sales tax, tag, and titling, and dealer service fee of $697.00, which represents cost and profits to the selling dealer for items such as cleaning, inspecting, adjusting vehicles and preparing documents related to the sale."

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely! BUT, if it is as it appears a 2WD manual transmission from the description, but their MSRP makes it sound like a 2WD CVT.

So they are still selling it ABOVE MSRP. LOLOLOL

The Document Fee of $697 is almost a wash with the Discount.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Definitely! BUT, if it is as it appears a 2WD manual transmission from the description, but their MSRP makes it sound like a 2WD CVT.

So they are still selling it ABOVE MSRP. LOLOLOL
Where does it say or suggest in the description that it is a manual?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Where does it say or suggest in the description that it is a manual?
thats what I'm thinking. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it probabaly is a duck. If its priced like a CVT it probably is a CVT... I think in this day and age they're more likely to point it out as manual for people to stay away....

·
Registered
738 Posts
thats what I'm thinking. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it probabaly is a duck. If its priced like a CVT it probably is a CVT... I think in this day and age they're more likely to point it out as manual for people to stay away....
That last point may be true as its been proven most americans don't want manual transmission cars, reason for the dying manual.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very true! And in this case looks like its priced $100 over MSRP.

Not bad! :)

That last point may be true as its been proven most americans don't want manual transmission cars, reason for the dying manual.

·
Registered
389 Posts
After decoding the VIN from the ad, this is what came up:

2016 Honda HR-V 2WD 4dr CVT EX

VIN: 3CZRU5H58GM703646
MSRP
$21,965.00
Invoice
$21,360.40
Destination Charge
$880.00

They are adding the destination charge to what they call MSRP, to get to the $22,845.00

·
Registered
185 Posts
Huh? Okay now I'm totally confused. First you state you think its a manual and ridicule how much it is over MSRP, and now you're agreeing that it is a CVT and saying the price over MSRP is not bad, then you post a sad face.

Lol. Either way, yes, it is a CVT. You go by the MSRP listed on their site. And if you're still skeptical, just run the VIN number, which is also listed on their site at the handy website link Denver Dude listed and you'll see it is indeed a 2WD EX CVT.

What the dealer did is not surprising at all. They always advertise a discount somewhere in big letters to get people to come and then add some fee elsewhere, usually in the fine print, hoping you won't see it or care to see it when ready to sign the paperwork. Expect it more than not.

What's important (to me anyways) is the bottom line. Many people are not good at math, so the dealers get by with this kind of lolligagging, but I can add and subtract big numbers on the fly, so my eyes always look at the sum while ears stay pretty much deaf to their price gymnastics. I don't care how they do it. If the total of what I pay matches or falls below or at MSRP + Destination + Tax/License then we're good.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Let me try to clarify things for you.

I state when looking at it first thing, anyone would presume it is a FWD and 6MT which is typically unless stated otherwise.

Then if you calculate their MSRP, you will see it is a 2WD CVT.

Then you deduct their so called discount and add in their so called Document Fee, your just about $100 over MSRP. When all is said and done, chances are by the time you call them their website is already outdated and the vehicle has been sold.

Hope that helps! ;)

Huh? Okay now I'm totally confused. First you state you think its a manual and ridicule how much it is over MSRP, and now you're agreeing that it is a CVT and saying the price over MSRP is not bad, then you post a sad face.

Lol. Either way, yes, it is a CVT. You go by the MSRP listed on their site. And if you're still skeptical, just run the VIN number, which is also listed on their site at the handy website link Denver Dude listed and you'll see it is indeed a 2WD EX CVT.

What the dealer did is not surprising at all. They always advertise a discount somewhere in big letters to get people to come and then add some fee elsewhere, usually in the fine print, hoping you won't see it or care to see it when ready to sign the paperwork. Expect it more than not.

What's important (to me anyways) is the bottom line. Many people are not good at math, so the dealers get by with this kind of lolligagging, but I can add and subtract big numbers on the fly, so my eyes always look at the sum while ears stay pretty much deaf to their price gymnastics. I don't care how they do it. If the total of what I pay matches or falls below or at MSRP + Destination + Tax/License then we're good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My dealer offered me for AWD EX automatic cvt for $23701 I countered at $23550.50. I did some name dropping to get what I got.

Maybe that is a reasonable deal for me.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alot depends where you are located, but at or above MSRP is to be expected.

My dealer offered me for AWD EX automatic cvt for $23701 I countered at $23550.50. I did some name dropping to get what I got.

Maybe that is a reasonable deal for me.

·
Registered
80 Posts
When I click the link to Crown Honda -

So here is a good example of things to come:

http://www.crownhonda.com/new-Tampa+Bay-2016-Honda-HRV-EX-3CZRU5H58GM703646

Crown Honda in FL claims the following:

2016 Honda HR-V EX
MSRP: $22,845
*Sale Price: $22,240
Discount: - $605

I see no reference to CVT so I imagine its a 6MT and there is no reference to AWD so especially in FL, it is probably a FWD.

Then this is the best part:

"*All prices plus sales tax, tag, and titling, and dealer service fee of $697.00, which represents cost and profits to the selling dealer for items such as cleaning, inspecting, adjusting vehicles and preparing documents related to the sale."
It states the transmission is "Variable".

1 - 19 of 19 Posts