Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
751 Posts
It may be worth getting a torch and having a good look around the seat to ensure there is nothing jamming the seat itself or the seat pivot mechanism located at the 60:40 split; seat belt, discarded items, a pen, toy, sweets, rather than it being an issue with the seat leg failing to release.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I see your "Torch/flashlight" comment, and raise you;

From the nation that refers to a liquid as 'gas'! ;D

Anyway, I hope the OP resolves the issue. It does say in my owners manual to ensure the seating area is clear and the seat belts/buckles are placed in their loops (recesses) before raising the seat cinema style.

HT

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So when you pull up on the seat release lever, the seat will not budge? Have you tried releasing/pushing from the backside (from hatch/trunk angle)?
the seat will do the complete fold down to lay flat, it just won’t release the seat to sit in it. There is a metal release of some sort on the door side of each seat. If you yank on it the seat will release. Something isn’t engaging properly to release it. Once I get it down and then fold the seat back up, it gets stuck again. Will have to look to see if something got jammed. We don’t have small children so. It sure what would be in the next jammed.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Fair one!

Though I do pronounce it as 'skedule'.

Back OT, do the American market HR-V's have two stage rear seat back recline as per the European models?

If so, is it the mechanism for that which is causing the issue, or is it the seat back release adjacent to the head restraints?

Now if you'll excuse me I'll continue listening to my Zed Zed Top cd that I received for Xmas.

Regards,

HT

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I figured out the issue. The leg on the bottom of the seat, when moved, has a cable connected to it. This cable controls the locking mechanism. In the picture included, you will see that the cable came lose from the bracket that holds it at one end. All I had to do was snap it back into the holder and the seat works again.
Safety glove Wrist Service Wire Science

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It may be worth getting a torch and having a good look around the seat to ensure there is nothing jamming the seat itself or the seat pivot mechanism located at the 60:40 split; seat belt, discarded items, a pen, toy, sweets, rather than it being an issue with the seat leg failing to release.
no pen, no toy, no candy. It was the cable came lose from its holder.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts