Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
The measure of modern advertising, especially to the millennial generation, is how viral the ad goes, which Honda reportedly nailed, despite my disdain.

The Acura "Drive like a boss" commercial got a lot of attention a few months ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SElXfQdc2ZE
exactly... and impressions never equal conversions... the shares are not authentic, its shared to share what everyone else is sharing... 0:)

·
Registered
615 Posts
Pretty funny little clip from Honda. Not the best idea, but executed very well. It's fun to see companies embrace April Fools Day. Adds a bit of humor to the news for the day.

And it is very true how selfie obsessed people are so that is spot on.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Pretty funny little clip from Honda. Not the best idea, but executed very well. It's fun to see companies embrace April Fools Day. Adds a bit of humor to the news for the day.

And it is very true how selfie obsessed people are so that is spot on.
I dont think selfie obsessed people are obsessed with them selves, they're obsessed with other people. Why do they take the photographs, for social media, for consumption by others. They're obsessed with how other people view them, its a carefully crafted and curated online persona. On the internet you can be what you say, never mind what you actually do... ;)

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
exactly... and impressions never equal conversions... the shares are not authentic, its shared to share what everyone else is sharing... 0:)
This was not intended to be a regular ad. It was intended to get people talking about it and then feeding curiosity about the car. You get their attention and "conversions" can flow from that.

They hit a home run in that respect. Clever buzz creation.

·
Registered
255 Posts
So, are you saying it is shared for the sake of sharing, typical of social media? I wonder if it cheapens the brand any, catering to social media viral crowd?
I recall hearing that the Kia rat videos were so annoying to some they almost went Elvis on their TVs.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
So, are you saying it is shared for the sake of sharing, typical of social media? I wonder if it cheapens the brand any, catering to social media viral crowd?
I recall hearing that the Kia rat videos were so annoying to some they almost went Elvis on their TVs.
From what I heard, the hamsters was a very effective ad campaign. They sold a bazillion Souls, so it probably helped....but it certainly didn't hurt. The same ad campaign goes on....if it hurt it would have been discontinued. (The Soul is Kia's best selling model, the last I heard.)

They even have a someone in a hamster costume at the auto shows. :)

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I dont think selfie obsessed people are obsessed with them selves, they're obsessed with other people. Why do they take the photographs, for social media, for consumption by others. They're obsessed with how other people view them, its a carefully crafted and curated online persona. On the internet you can be what you say, never mind what you actually do... ;)
They take photographs of THEMselves to get others to pay attention to THEM....that is pretty much a definition of "self-absorbed". :)

Agree with you it is superficial "persona" that to them makes them feel of value.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A simple advertising approach, but so effective especially to the target audience of this vehicle. Mission accomplished! :)

The measure of modern advertising, especially to the millennial generation, is how viral the ad goes, which Honda reportedly nailed, despite my disdain.

The Acura "Drive like a boss" commercial got a lot of attention a few months ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SElXfQdc2ZE

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The funny thing is this simply created more interest in the vehicle. Cannot wait to see sales figures jump as fast as they can produce them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts