Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a picture of the HRV on a U.S. highway and U.S. dealers have had them on their lots. In Canada the HRV is still missing in action. The only hint of activity I have seen has been on the April newsletter from my Dealer. It says delivery is in the 'immediate future' and had a big button that signed me up for a test drive. I put in my order, with a deposit on Feb. 17. for a Modern Steel EX-L w/nav.

Has anyone in Canada heard anything real ?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Usually dealers get a first look at new vehicles, you might want to ask your local dealers when they'll be seeing their first HRV.
My rep. saw it in Feb. at the Toronto car show (locked) the same as I did. No other news from Honda Canada and they are one of the largest dealers in Southern Ontario. Good to hear something more positive is happening on the west coast.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Only place I saw the HRV was also at the Toronto Auto Show. I assume with them accepting deposits and orders there must be some more concrete news coming out soon for Canada. It doesn't seem like very good business practice to keep your customers in the dark for so long.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Local dealer in Halifax, Nova Scotia said likely end of June. They haven't received any word on training yet. Due to lack of info we may just buy something else.
I would think and hope there would be something happening before the end of June. Having said that supply could be very limited.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anyone have a drop dead date? We can wait but by the end of June I believe the frustration factor will win. There are many other options including the Fit. Our $500 deposit is fully refundable.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Well, I just heard from my dealer. Not good news...
Yes your right it is heating up in the States for the HR-V. We have been told from Honda Canada release date now for the HR-V in Canada will be in July, **** those Yanks anyway.
Hope he's wrong; that does NOT sound good.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Good question, Colin. I have no idea... anyone else?

The most interesting stat would be when the 2015 Fit actually started selling in Canada vs. US. Of course even that wouldn't necessarily signify, since Honda may have an entirely different plan for the HRV rollout... partly because of the Fit fiasco.

Not much to do except wait and see... unless you're prepared to drive across the border and import a US car.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wouldn't consider doing that. I would consider crossing the border to have dealer options installed. In another thread I noticed that these options are already being discounted.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My dealer in Victoria is going up-island for training in a week or two, and expecting 5 cars in late May. That's all I've heard so far. Time to start emailing more dealers...
We have pricing now we just need to get a handle on availability. I will be contacting my dealer in a day or two. Give a chance for the dust to settle. They have had my deposit since mid February.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The HRV is in Canada !!!

Heard through the grape vine that training had started . Checked it out at my dealership. Yes, technicians have started their training on actual vehicles. Sales training starts soon. Dealers are also putting their orders together now. Preferential orders will go to requests that include a customer deposit. July 10th is looking a lot closer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
On the evening of June 9th, I was googling "Honda HR-V Hitch Canada" while looking for after-market hitches, and the first link was a Google Ad with the following link : www.honda.ca/HR-V. A bit surprised and excited, I clicked on it but sent me to a 404 page not found. The next day I did the same search from the same computer and this Ad was no longer there... I'm suspecting this page will become public soon enough, I was expecting it to be only on June 10th (1 month ahead of official release), but it's still not online... First thing I do every morning is check this URL!

·
Registered
751 Posts
@Asbertus, that url has been showing up for months. I thought they had redirected it to the future vehicles page where they have all the info (http://www.honda.ca/future-vehicles?gclid=CM-7k-3ph8YCFQqFfgodEDcAsw), but maybe I'm mistaken.

If you haven't seen it, my dealer (and I suspect may others) has a simplistic features page (http://www.campushonda.com/en/new/hr-v/2016/) that lists details of the trim levels; check it out. Also see the list of models / colours / prices (http://www.campushonda.com/en/promotions/victoria-pre-order-your-2016-honda-hr-v-today/6881/).

Sorry for the open links; my iPad safari isn't cooperating with the hyperlink widget.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts