Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This video is mostly about design, but an interesting comparison between the HRV and CX-3. Two concerns I have with the CX-3 are:

1. When I saw the CX-3 at the local auto show, initiailly I thought it was the Mazda 3 hatchback. Not good really in that the design isn't really distinctive.

2. Mazdas can look great, but generally you have to get the top of the line in order to get the better wheels and comparable options.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmu7pYIyfdE

Got an email from the general manager at the local Honda dealership I have worked through on previous purchases, and he commented it still looks like end of April, but there may be some surprises of it being earlier, but couldn't confirm it as of yet. Lets hope so! ;)

As for price, that is still up in the air, but the have already had numerous people left deposits and given the demand, look for the HRV to be selling at retail.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'd move up to the CX-5. I didn't like the CX-3 when I saw it at the LA show. It has a long hood and the back isn't raised up higher than a weird station wagon. I called it a vaudeville clown shoe.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I enjoyed the visuals, but had to turn off the music.

Liking the looks of that Mazda more and more.
Funny, I had just the opposite reaction... the more I see it, the less I like it.

Different strokes, or as my Dad used to say, de gustibus non disputandum est.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I actually think it works in mazda's favor to have the CX-3 not feel like a true SUV, and in doing that they maintain a level of sportiness that stick with their branding efforts.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I personally think both of these cars have great assets to offer. I think the Mazda a CX-3 is quite a good looking car. However, besides the look it's just not practical for me and the price tag will also be a bit out of range for me..

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I actually think it works in mazda's favor to have the CX-3 not feel like a true SUV, and in doing that they maintain a level of sportiness that stick with their branding efforts.
That is a good point . Reviewers have been favorable toward their cars because of their sportiness.

It is a winning formula for them. Why not stick with it throughout the line.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very true! Both the HRV and CX-3 will likely to be both Mazdas and Hondas best seller. People are downsizing and both of these are coming about at the right time. There really is two different type of buyers for these vehicles, just like the CRV and CX-5. The CX-5 has been a huge hit for Mazda, as has the CRV for Honda.

I personally think both of these cars have great assets to offer. I think the Mazda a CX-3 is quite a good looking car. However, besides the look it's just not practical for me and the price tag will also be a bit out of range for me..

·
Registered
17 Posts
For me road noise is an issue. Our 3i was loud even with different tires. CX3 is built off the 2 which does not have much sound insulation. Interior quality in my opinion is better in the Honda . Other than that our 3 was a fun car to drive .May not be so much of an issue with the younger demographic.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I personally think the Mazda is good looking from a strictly artistic point of view. It makes for nice artwork. However I don't think it makes for a good vehicle whatsoever. It's completely disproportionate. The front end is way too big, and it looks like the back slops off way too low and cuts out precious cargo space. It's like they didn't even care about the practicality of the vehicle. Whereas Honda does not sacrifice form for function. Instead they always manage to find the perfect balance between them both to create an all around attractive vehicle with amazing space and ergonomics inside.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The style is ok but I think it was designed to "fit" around the mazda 2 interior . Looks identical to me and kind of bare. Just an opinion but maybe they had to get it to market as quick as possible . It also seems they try and stay under the Honda price point on their comparable vehicles.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I think Mazda tries to offer nice products for cheaper prices. I was reading on a cx3 forum that it has no arm rest for the driver's side. What a weird thing to leave out.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cheaper base price yes, but expensive when comparably equipped.

I think Mazda tries to offer nice products for cheaper prices. I was reading on a cx3 forum that it has no arm rest for the driver's side. What a weird thing to leave out.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Funny you should mention the front end as when I saw it at my local annual auto show, the hood was the first thing I noticed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts