Honda HR-V Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've driven both the fit and the hr-v...the hr-v definitely had the sportier ride- it has a slightly bigger engine than the fit.
The fit came across as solid, dependable but boring. We test drove the hr-v the other day just to see if it would be enough for us.
We'd read about it being pokey in 0-60.. and it is, but not enough to deter us (or at least my husband.) It has a slowish take-off then a burst of speed.. a combination of the engine size and the cvt tranny. My hubby didn't care and fell in love with it. I like something i can peel out in if i want so to me it was a bit boring in that respect, but I could be swayed if it got the mpg's it claims to get, and of course Honda's reliability. I did like the interior finish tho I am concerned about the material used on the edge of the doors where the windows drop... it's a fabric, which I'd worry a dog could accidently rip from the dog standing up on it and having his nails catch it.
Trade-offs.
The car I did fall in love with was a 2015 Ford Focus, but can't bring myself to buy one after reading about the transmission problems that plague it. It had a 2.0 engine, all the zip I wanted and adored the styling. (Tho my favorite feature- the big splat looking taillights, were trimmed down after 2014 :-( ) But the car will be for my husband and i think when we have a bigger down saved up (or can wait another year to buy a 2016) we'll be buying him an HR-V.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
For what it's worth, my dog hasn't put a dent in the interior of our HRV after multiple road trips.

I'm not saying I love the fabric on the doors....it gets dirty easily and is hard to clean, but it's at least been pretty tough.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts