Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
HRV \ 03 Vibe Specs comparison

Wheelbase: 102.8 \ 102.4
Length: 169.1 \ 171.9
Width: 69.8 \ 69.9
Height: 63.2 \ 62.2
Cargo Volume: 24.3-58.8 \ 19.3-54.1 (rear seat up-rear seat down)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have posted elsewhere in this forum that the matrix and HRV seem very similar. In Canada they made the Matrix until 2014 and there are still a few new ones sitting at dealers. I like the fold forward optional front seat on the matrix and the HRV seems a little awkward in the fold backward front seat mode.
I am looking forward to the pricing information. I may just scoop up one of the last Matrix which are a bargain right now. It's a corolla after all :)

·
Registered
632 Posts
If the Matrix was still being sold here in the US it would be a major competitor for the HR-V. They were getting a bit old and cheap (too much plastic!) though, but if they had refreshed it by 2015 (if they continued to make them), I would take a serous look at them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know the Vibe was quite roomy for it's size and the HRV seems it will be the same. The vibe and matrix were ahead of their times I guess.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I always like the 1st Generation Vibe and Matrix. I always wished their MPG was better. I think they are going to rerelease them as a Scion.

·
Registered
632 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Yeah, I noticed the iM a while a ago when it appeared at auto shows and thought the same thing......Could Toyota/Scion revamp this with a higher ground clearance and make this a competitor in the HR-V market?

It is based on the Toyota Auris which sells in Europe. Another existing product revamped into something else.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I love my Vibe. I average between 31-33 MPG, and I drive pretty fast. The reason I'm looking at the HRV is because my Vibe has 180k miles on it and the Gen 2 Vibes / Matrices are lower, uglier, and get worse gas mileage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an 08 vibe right now and have been getting 25mpg on every tank I keep track of. I've enjoyed its ability to haul a lot, I moved into my first apartment with it and it was pretty nifty. Honestly I'm tired of how out-dated it is, WAS, even in 2008 it's the same as the 2003 model- despite the grill.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I love my Vibe. I average between 31-33 MPG, and I drive pretty fast. The reason I'm looking at the HRV is because my Vibe has 180k miles on it and the Gen 2 Vibes / Matrices are lower, uglier, and get worse gas mileage.
I believe the bad restyle is partly what killed the Vibe /Matrix.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The original Vibe was the best looking of the bunch.

The iM looks like it will compete with the mazda 3 wagon not with the HRV.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I just want to avoid anything by Pontiac. That brand leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

The HRV does tend to look similar to other CUVs out there though. It isn't like it is doing anything revolutionary as far as design goes.

The MPG of the '08 Vibe isn't very good either. Not exactly sure why we are comparing these vehicles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just want to avoid anything by Pontiac. That brand leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
haha the only reason I bought my vibe is because it is the Matrix with an american body, and the matrix is really the mechanical parts of the Corolla so I knew it would be reliable. I avoid "older" american cars at all costs otherwise

·
Registered
231 Posts

The HRV does tend to look similar to other CUVs out there though. It isn't like it is doing anything revolutionary as far as design goes.

The MPG of the '08 Vibe isn't very good either. Not exactly sure why we are comparing these vehicles.
Because they're very similar in design, size, purpose, and specs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts