Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone...I'm glad I came across this forum. I took my wife's CRV to the dealership yesterday morning for an oil change and the HRV caught my eye while I was waiting. I have a 2014 Rogue, which I am happy with but not madly in love with. The thing I like most about the Rogue is the comfort of the seats. I commute A LOT all around the SF Bay Area and really Northern CA so comfort is very important. I am curious to know if anyone has traded in a Rogue, CRV, or something similar for an HRV and how the cargo stacks up? My wife and I have two young boys so space is necessary. The cargo space is another thing I like about the Rogue. After doing some calculations, however, I can probably save at least $100 on my monthly payment if I traded in my Rogue for a HRV, even if I paid MSRP. That would certainly add up to a substantial savings over time. Also, in anyone's experience how aggressive have the dealerships been with your trade ins? I know there would be some negotiations, but how satisfied have you been?

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Rogue is one of the cars I'm shopping the HRV against, mainly because of those seats that everyone raves about. Maybe its crazy but I think car comfort is a BIG issue considering how much time we spend in them.

But the Rogue and Nissan in general seem to get mixed quality reviews. If you're lucky you get a trouble free one but if not its nothing but trouble. After having a super reliable Honda for so long I'm not sure I'm ready to roll the dice on a car without an excellent quality reputation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm in the exact same situation, I was deciding between the Nissan Rogue and the HR-V where I live there is a huge tax on cars and from the MSRP an LX model will go all the way up to $24,500 but keep in mind all cars have the tax so other competitors also cost more than in the Continental States. Keeping that in mind a Rogue will cost me about $3,000 more it does have more cargo space and its a bit bigger overall. The thing is I really like the Honda I used to have a '99 Civic and I sold it in 2009 it was in very good condition with 178k miles, so I trust Honda for reliability. What's got me on the Honda side is that they are offering me free roadside assistance for 3 years and free oil changes for 3 years. The Nissan dealer does not have such offers and I would be paying more for their car, so i'm 98% decided to get the HR-V, already test drove it and I compared it to my mom's 2012 Toyota Venza it's the same height as the Venza but much shorter, the cargo space is nice on the HR-V its enough for my needs I just want to fit a stroller in there and maybe some grocery bags. My wife already saw it and liked it too, so I just have to negotiate the price and the overall deal and if I get a deal i'm happy with I will buy the HR-V because of the entire package including the roadside assistance and oil changes.

If I already had a Rogue I don't know if I would trade, but $100 a month is substantial over the length of a loan and if you like it more go right ahead, I have made a decision considering the entire package deal. I will not buy an EX or EX-L because the tax makes the price too high knowing the real value of the vehicle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts