Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I drive a 2015 Fit. Really like it exept a bit noisy engine and a really stiff ride. How does the HRV compare in those catagories?
I have an 09 Fit Sport. I think yours is quieter and has a bigger engine and it might be bigger on the inside than mine.

I test drove an HRV EX-L and liked it except it definitely does not have the spunk the Fits do. It's heavier and bigger. Even with the Civic engine it seemed sluggish in comparison. Although the ride was smooth. It is quieter than my Fit too.

Depending on what your looking for the HRV is a nice car with lots of great creature comforts. My car is paid for and running great, so it's not an option for me. Good luck, go test drive one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just came out of a 2015 fit ex manual and 2012 crv into a 2016 hrv awd ex. No comparison with the fit. The fit is a economic ride the hrv is both economic and a more upscale ride than the fit hands down...different classes. I love my hrv I liked my fit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Agree with BBhondaguy... we just moved our 2011 Fit to number one son.. HRV is a totally different ride. Smooth composed easier to get into and out of (if you are tall) and still has the milage and great hauling capability of the Fit. Back seat room for another couple is much nicer than the 2011 Fit. ( it would be interesting to compare the HRV to the new fit with the larger back seat pitch for the back seater types).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just bought a '15 Fit, wonder how much they differ.
love the fit, but some things bug me, like noisy engine, stiff suspension, lack of storage space, uncomfortable place for coffee, and worst one is "no arm rest" :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
:nerd:I had a 2015 honda fix ex 6 speed manual for a very short time! I drove the HRV as soon as they could be sold and fell head over heals for it. I like it much better than the fit. Although the fit is what it is, a fun to drive economy car...

I currently drive the 2016 honda hrv ex awd in milano - love it. MPG far exceeds my expectations.
and a 2007 honda ridgeline rtl awd with 35,000 miles on it!~:nerd:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Built on the Fit platform, same front and rear suspension, how different could they be? Perhaps the added height is changing the handling somewhat, which is probably what your feeling. Don't get me wrong, I like the HR-V (and love the Fit), but they are very similar, particularly in overall cargo capability, rear magic seat, and overall interior dimensions. Our 2015 Fit is a wonderful car, if you still like falling into and climbing out of a car (my Daughter does not mind, so all is good with the Fit). The HR-V eliminates this problem with the extra 4" height.

·
Administrator
1,977 Posts
The only reason I'll be upgrading my 09 Fit to HRV is the AWD. If the Fit had AWD, I would have gotten that instead. It would have been cheaper and better fuel economy.

The HRV is quiter and has smoother ride. If you don't need the AWD, I think Fit would be better choice.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I plan on trading in my 2008 Fit for the HRV. All I've needed the last few years is an AWD Fit with roof rails. I just can't give up the Tetris possibilities of the magic seat. That said, from a 1st gen 2008 Fit with 109 HP the HRV is going to have significantly more power despite all the reviewers saying it's sluggish... they haven't hopped in an 8 year old Fit lately. The HRV also has different suspension so it will be a lot less jarring on the non-maintained city streets in an industrial area that are eaten alive by short haul port truckers that I have to drive on to get to work.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I plan on trading in my 2008 Fit for the HRV. All I've needed the last few years is an AWD Fit with roof rails. I just can't give up the Tetris possibilities of the magic seat. That said, from a 1st gen 2008 Fit with 109 HP the HRV is going to have significantly more power despite all the reviewers saying it's sluggish... they haven't hopped in an 8 year old Fit lately. The HRV also has different suspension so it will be a lot less jarring on the non-maintained city streets in an industrial area that are eaten alive by short haul port truckers that I have to drive on to get to work.
We noticed a huge difference just between our 2008 Fit and the new 2015 version. The AWD and roof rails are a definite improvement over any Fit.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You know what? I had this insane experience today. I went to the Honda Dealer to hand in my title for my trade-in and decided while I was waiting, to explore the rest of the line up. I sat in a new Fit EX-L. Holy frig, I was in my HRV with a few small exceptions. The dash was VERY similar, though no auto climate control and the center console was lower rather than higher. The passenger side was a little different as well, but WOW. Same seats, similar cargo area (yes, I know they're different), and even the cubbies on the doors were identical. The same 7" touch screen and Navi enabled panel with all of the same digital amenities as there are on the HR-V. The Steering Wheel was cosmetically IDENTICAL.

now, I didn't take her for a drive, but boy, if it weren't for the AWD, which was THE deal breaker for me, I could see a Fit meeting all of my needs. I hear it's peppier, got a ton of flexibility, is super reliable, and gets incredible gas mileage (32 City without Eco?? Insanity.)

That is one SOLID car.

If you don't need roof rails and you aren't obsessed with height of car and need it for snow (like I do) then the Fit is one beaut of a car, I had no idea!

·
Registered
37 Posts
You know what? I had this insane experience today. I went to the Honda Dealer to hand in my title for my trade-in and decided while I was waiting, to explore the rest of the line up. I sat in a new Fit EX-L. Holy frig, I was in my HRV with a few small exceptions. The dash was VERY similar, though no auto climate control and the center console was lower rather than higher. The passenger side was a little different as well, but WOW. Same seats, similar cargo area (yes, I know they're different), and even the cubbies on the doors were identical. The same 7" touch screen and Navi enabled panel with all of the same digital amenities as there are on the HR-V. The Steering Wheel was cosmetically IDENTICAL.

now, I didn't take her for a drive, but boy, if it weren't for the AWD, which was THE deal breaker for me, I could see a Fit meeting all of my needs. I hear it's peppier, got a ton of flexibility, is super reliable, and gets incredible gas mileage (32 City without Eco?? Insanity.)

That is one SOLID car.

If you don't need roof rails and you aren't obsessed with height of car and need it for snow (like I do) then the Fit is one beaut of a car, I had no idea!
Agree with everything said here. My Fit is so similar, it's hard for me to justify dropping all the money on a new HRV. If only I had AWD in the Fit, it would be perfect. Plus I adore having my manual transmission - no AWD option for that on the HR-V.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Some of us just can't do the looks of the FIT. I went to the dealership last year to look at one in person, hoping I'd like them more. Liked the features, liked the price, liked the way it felt sitting in it. Still hated the looks of of it and really wished it was a bit higher off the ground. So, I went back to following the HR-V, hoping that my car would stay in good condition until it got released or that the FIT would grow on me as I saw more of them around town. Nope - just the opposite - I disliked the look of the Fit more and more as time went by, especially after the Florida even where the real photos of the HR-V started coming out. So, for me, even with all the similarities, they are not comparable at all.

·
Registered
262 Posts
My wife and I sat in both when at the dealer, but only test-drove the HR-V. We both thought the Fit felt a bit "lower rent" than the HR-V. Also, a lot of people talk about the height of the vehicle, but for me I enjoyed the extra width and length the HR-V offered. I'm not much for roof rails or AWD, but would have an HR-V over a Fit any day.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.