Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
If - yes I do think that they will eventually be a hybrid version of the HRV.

When - really can't say for sure. I wouldn't expect anything until at least next year though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The model already exists, even a AWD, in Japan. Is called the Honda Vezel Hybrid. I am going to wait a year after release just to see if they finally bring it to the US (and at what price) the problem is, with the current low gas prices it might not pay itself for the extra cost of the engine (it actually never does until you count about 7 years of ownership, and that was with old high prices) so there might not be an incentive to import it as of now, but If the price goes back up it might be likely to see it. If I were honda execs I would be planning for it anyway, and just waiting for Gas to go up again

http://www.honda.co.jp/VEZEL/

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
The model already exists, even a AWD, in Japan. Is called the Honda Vezel Hybrid. I am going to wait a year after release just to see if they finally bring it to the US (and at what price) the problem is, with the current low gas prices it might not pay itself for the extra cost of the engine (it actually never does until you count about 7 years of ownership, and that was with old high prices) so there might not be an incentive to import it as of now, but If the price goes back up it might be likely to see it. If I were honda execs I would be planning for it anyway, and just waiting for Gas to go up again

http://www.honda.co.jp/VEZEL/
That is a good point about getting back your purchase costs. I wonder how many people keep their cars seven years to make up for the extra purchase costs.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we typically keep our cars 10 years. Currently driving a 2007 Subaru Outback with 84K on it. However, breaking even or getting ahead is not the big driver in our decision making. When they come out with the hybrid we will be first in line regardless of gas prices at the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts