Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
I have a 2022 Honda HRV Sport.

I accidentally shifted to “S” without realizing until after about about 2-3 minutes of driving roughly 50-55 km/hr.
I noticed it when I realized my car wasn’t shifting, even when I tried to push to 60 km/hr... RPM was hitting around 2k and still, nothing happened.
(I am now aware that I my car was waiting for me to use the paddle shifters, haha.)

I switched to “drive” as soon as I could, and the remainder of my drive seemed to go well with no concerns.

My question is, did I just unintentionally do damage to the transmission or to anything in the engine?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Hey everyone!
I have a 2022 Honda HRV Sport.

I accidentally shifted to “S” without realizing until after about about 2-3 minutes of driving roughly 50-55 km/hr.
I noticed it when I realized my car wasn’t shifting, even when I tried to push to 60 km/hr... RPM was hitting around 2k and still, nothing happened.
(I am now aware that I my car was waiting for me to use the paddle shifters, haha.)

I switched to “drive” as soon as I could, and the remainder of my drive seemed to go well with no concerns.

My question is, did I just unintentionally do damage to the transmission or to anything in the engine?
Nope - you will be all right.

·
Registered
2018 HR-V EX AWD CVT
83 Posts
As others have said, it's OK to drive in the "S" mode for better acceleration and power, however with reduced fuel economy. Be aware though, unlike in the "D" mode, once you touch a paddle shifter while in "S" it will put it in "Manual" mode and will remain in the selected gear until maximum RPM is reached or you slow to a unacceptable speed for the selected gear. The good thing about the CVT is that even in "D" just pushing on the accelerator will give you the needed RPM and power when you need it without wasting gas. That's the whole idea of the CVT in the first place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts