Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While changing a tire after a flat, I accidentally left the foam piece that keeps the tools in place and keeps things from rattling around. I only see new ones for sale with all the tools and the jack. I'm really just looking for the foam. The car still feels new to me, so I'm bummed out by the idea of just wrapping things up in cloth. Is there anywhere that you can buy OEM or aftermarket foam pieces without taking out a second car loan?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm in Seattle.
Where do you live? I have mine from my totalled hrv I'm about to toss

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
If there's any way I could facilitate shipping and pay you a reasonable amount for it, I could do that. I'd probably feel safer if we did it through something like eBay, but if you have another idea, let me know.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I live in WI, I could look at shopping but honestly you're probably cheaper looking at copart. When I get home I can do some quick calculations on price

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I live in WI, I could look at shopping but honestly you're probably cheaper looking at copart. When I get home I can do some quick calculations on price

If I knew the weight and address, I could also email you a shipping label (wish I could email you a box) to make it easier. Then, once it showed up, I'd be happy to Venmo you something for it. Just a thought. I've been having trouble locating one locally.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
If I knew the weight and address, I could also email you a shipping label (wish I could email you a box) to make it easier. Then, once it showed up, I'd be happy to Venmo you something for it. Just a thought. I've been having trouble locating one locally.
Sorry for my slow response, I'd be game for that plan. Trying to find a carton at work that would fit...thought I had one at home but it's just a little too small. Might be able to tape some extra carton material on it. Just putting in some rough numbers (36"x36"x5", haven't actually measured it) I'm seeing a UPS estimate of $100 right now. Holidays are maybe inflating prices?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry for my slow response, I'd be game for that plan. Trying to find a carton at work that would fit...thought I had one at home but it's just a little too small. Might be able to tape some extra carton material on it. Just putting in some rough numbers (36"x36"x5", haven't actually measured it) I'm seeing a UPS estimate of $100 right now. Holidays are maybe inflating prices?
Maybe. I usually get pretty good rates from FedEx through my work - but I'd need an accurate weight (and the dimensions). If you are willing to do this, you can send me your address and any further conversations at [email protected]

Thanks!!

·
Administrator
1,904 Posts
Did you call your local Honda dealer for the price on the tool tray? It can't be that expansive. The shipping might cost more than the part itself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts