Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick note, WeatherTech does not yet even show the HR-V as a vehicle that they make anything at all for, but I would like to get weathertech floor mats. After owning the Honda made and sold all weather mats on my current CR-V I am not a fan of them at all and I think the weathertech ones would be a huge upgrade. The more that request them the faster they become a reality, I have no fear that they will make them eventually but I'd like the HR-V to be a little higher on the list.

If you'd like to help and would like weathertech mats, go the below link and send them a short note stating your interest. Nothing fancy needed, just a hey, you don't make these and I'm interested type of note. HINT - check the box for "check here if you don't see your vehicle" to put in 2016 HR-V.

http://www.weathertech.com/service/product-request-form/

·
Registered
10 Posts
Look at HuskyLiners 1st! Neither after market floor liner company will have spec'd floor mats for a good 6-9mo., if not a year. Yes, proding will be the best way to get them to consider production, but it will have to be more than just the two of you. Currently only 2016 mats for Audi and Mazda, but still having those already is a great start.

Husky Liners are my preference because of not only the fit and finish, but the rubber is softer. We've had both, I started out with WeatherTech in my 2008 MINI, they did not fit well and were continually sliding around,swithced to MINI mats, and my Husband's 2010 Kia Soul also had them, no longer own the soul. We purchached the HuskyLiners for my Husband's 2013 Mazda 3 5-door and are very happy with them, easier to keep clean and looking like new, a good vacuum and a wipe down with 303 Aerospace Protectant is all it takes..

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good call, I emailed husky too as they came up in my searches for other good options for floor covers. I hope they reply, I want something good by winter!

I have some other brand in my other vehicle that I love too, but cannot remember who made those.....

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I currently have the Honda cargo tray and all weather floor mats for my CR-V. The cargo mat is better than the floor mats, but oddly it does not fit great. I have an three quarter inch gap where I stil see carpet between the hatch opening and the liner. It is very hard to clean, it's slightly, uh, sticky I guess is the best I can say. Makes it hard to clean and it really holds what gets on there. I have had to scrub it with a brush and water outside the car a few times now. It has only caught a real spill once, the rest was very minor stuff but it still looked bad and I'm anal about keeping it clean. It is thin, basicly hard plastic and feels cheap, but has a good raised edge which I did like at least. Overall I want something better than what I got last time.

The floor mats are the real issue, they have no raised edge at all so winter slush, melted water and whatever will roll off the mat and into the carpet the first corner you take. The hook holes where it attaches to the carpet also work as drain holes - into the carpet! They actually hold nothing if you were to have a spill and two years in my mats look like crap. I have taken them out and washed them but they still look grungy. They are pretty soft rubber so the dirt and dust sticks to them, I have nice black interior and carpet then my mats look brownish due to dirt. I have to use meguires interior detailer on the mats to get them to go back to black for a while, but it fades out quickly. The biggest issue by far is the lack of protection of the carpet though, I want edges that are at least an inch high, and it should cover the dead pedal too which the oem mats do not cover at all.

Hope that helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts