Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to use Waze on my phone, and have it show on the screen while driving. Surely there is some way to make this possible. I have seen ways people can make the backup camera be on whenever you want on the CR-V and Accord for example in hidden radio menus. There has to be a way to do what I want to, anyone know the secret?

My phone will do HDMI out just fine, I just need the video to display when the car is moving, no different than built in navi.

·
Registered
632 Posts
From what I've been able to find out, projecting your phone's display like that is not possible. The only alternative is if you have the HondaLink app with your IPhone. Don't have an IPhone, well then you're SOL.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I think it's a safety / liability issue... they want to control exactly what you're allowed to have on-screen when the car's underway. I suspect this may be the major stumbling block for Car Play / Android Auto adoption.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Search google and you will see a number of people are trying to figure this out from the FIT to the CRV. I to would like to mirror my iPhone GPS app while in motion. It looks to be two systems that will cause the lockout.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Suzuki Hayabusas purposely made less power in first gear than other gears. Someone made a device that plugged into the computer to trick it into thinking it was always in 2nd gear. Wonder if there is something similar for the HR-V to make it think it's always in Park

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found an article related to this on the FIT/JAZZ forum in the philippines, an adapter/cable was attached on the handrbrake mechanism, just to fool the computer that it is engaged, im not just sure if this will work on our HRV since there is no physical handbrake lever.

·
Registered
29 Posts
in other markets, they can unlock the system and have the vdo or whatever you have on the phone play on the screen while in motion. I guess it's a safety issue here to prevent people from looking at the screen while driving.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a weird problem....
I hhave a GALAXY NOTE 4 and the HDMI+USB-to-microUSB cable when i select HDMI as the input i can see the phone screen on the HU, but theres no sound... even if I open spotify or any other app that makes sound... no sound by the HU either by the phone...
does someone haves this problem too?

·
Registered
772 Posts
It may be the hdmi won't play volume while driving? I think they won't let video play while driving....have you tried Bluetooth? It may not mirror the phone, but you might get volume back

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sygic mirrorlink works perfect, with sound and everything.... but when i select the hdmi as input... i can see the phone screen on the HU, but cant control the cellphone by the HU screen, i need to control it from the phone... also if i select spotify, it wont let me listen anything....
mmmm
i think i must record a video to show you all the problem

·
Registered
772 Posts
In the U.S., the hdmi, I think, is only usable when the car is in park, for video. It won't allow it, for liability.
I think that's part of the problem, but don't know what the solution is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, there, I am from Bangkok. Yes, it will work the same in your HR-V screen. Actually, what you need is just cut one hand-brake sensor wire from the HU socket and make it to ground. But if you don't want to harm your wire harness. I have this "Plug-N-Play" socket to do this.

Attachments

·
Registered
929 Posts
Hi, there, I am from Bangkok. Yes, it will work the same in your HR-V screen. Actually, what you need is just cut one hand-brake sensor wire from the HU socket and make it to ground. But if you don't want to harm your wire harness. I have this "Plug-N-Play" socket to do this.
@auan :
Can you elaborate a little?
"hand-brake sensor wire from the HU socket"?
"I have this "Plug-N-Play" socket to do this"?

Is that applicable to the US HRV model?

1 - 20 of 148 Posts