Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok....this question is almost as silly, but something to amuse ourselves with while we are waiting for the actual cars to arrive.

The ambient lighting offers driver-selectable colors of green, white , blue, purple, pink, red, amber and yellow.

Which color would you choose?

On the edge of my seat waiting for what the "winner" will be !!!! (not really LOL)

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought green was only for ECON mode.

If not, I would say green, blue or white.

I should have quoted the whole paragraph verbatim, but it says...

" The instrument panel provides Eco Assist green ambient lighting on the outside of the analog speedometer and offers additional driver selectable colors including white blue, purple, pink, red, amber and yellow."

The green is part of the Eco coaching (page 43) that comes with all HR-Vs ( you might call that the default color perhaps)

The next bullet point on that page says "ECON button (CVT models)" which is a separate thing from simply screen color.

·
Registered
290 Posts
What were the Honda designers thinking? It's obvious they should have offered Steeler's Gold! Really, they should have offered sports teams colors - that would have been a hit.

By the way, my ancient Soul has ambient speaker lighting kind of in this vein. After one day of novelty, we disabled it. It was more of a distraction than anything else. It appeals to people with attention spans of 1/3 second or less, which is pretty much the same crowd that can't drive from A to B without texting the whole way.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
What were the Honda designers thinking? It's obvious they should have offered Steeler's Gold! Really, they should have offered sports teams colors - that would have been a hit.

By the way, my ancient Soul has ambient speaker lighting kind of in this vein. After one day of novelty, we disabled it. It was more of a distraction than anything else. It appeals to people with attention spans of 1/3 second or less, which is pretty much the same crowd that can't drive from A to B without texting the whole way.
I wonder about that too. Will we settle on a color and never change it after we have the cars a couple of weeks? The novelty should wear off soon for most people I would think.

(As opposed to texting, you can not change display colors while driving the HR-V)

·
Registered
142 Posts
lol I'm a bit older than the target and I agree with whoever said the "thrill" will wear off after a couple of weeks. I'll probably forget that changing it is even an option.

·
Registered
615 Posts
What a funny question. I think that I would go for amber. Obviously I'll have to play around with them all before I make my final decision though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts