Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I've owned Hondas for 25 years. 25 years of no issues, no worries and I simply bought the next model on good faith.

I waited one year for the HR-V and I'm not buying one for the same reason many on this site are not buying one: lack of cubby space, a ghoulish slice in the middle of the dash, cardboard floor covers, etc. It does handle nicely, I'll give it that.

Loyal Honda fan that I was, I thought I'd just go up to the CR-V for better value. Last Sunday I was ready to pull the trigger, but thought I owed due diligence as I always research and didn't have the CR-V on my radar as I thought the HR-V would be "the one." Heck, I'd owned a 98 1st gen CR-V and put over 120k on her before I moved up to the 03 2nd gen CR-V.

This is what I found, and it's an ever-growing nightmare that Honda dealers are simply brushing off and not telling customers about even though Honda corporate suggested showing this video to potential customers:

Torquenews, a Honda fanboi site: http://www.torquenews.com/1574/honda-acknowledges-possible-2015-cr-v-engine-vibration-video

My dealer tried to tell me that the engine mount recall on the 15 CR-V was the vibration issue, and the one I wanted was not in the production run affected. No, it's not!

Just last Sunday, 91 companies were registered with the NHTSA. Today I see 101 complaints!
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners...ia.model=CR-V&searchCriteria.prod_ids=1980651

Read and heed, all of you who want to buy a 2015 CR-V. Over 1770 posts of complaints from 15 CR-V owners:

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/14-problems-issues/63138-2015-honda-cr-v-vibration-idle.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can relate to the original post. I've been loyal to the Honda brand for over 25 years and was hoping to replace my 2001 CR-V with a new 2015 model. I put it off for a few months just to see what the new HR-V had to offer. I've determined that it's a little too small for my needs and as of last week I was all set to pursue buying a 2015 CR-V. That's when I read many complaints about the vibration problem. I can't see investing that amount of money into a new vehicle until I know more about how Honda plans to solve the problem. Unfortunately I'm now at a loss as to what vehicle to consider. The Subaru Forester rates highly in various consumer magazines but has an issue with high oil consumption. I'm out of my comfort zone looking at non-Honda vehicles. I wish there were another option without moving up to the Pilot.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Its funny how the HRV has so much to offer as some feel its too small and still others feel its too big. :nerd:

I can relate to the original post. I've been loyal to the Honda brand for over 25 years and was hoping to replace my 2001 CR-V with a new 2015 model. I put it off for a few months just to see what the new HR-V had to offer. I've determined that it's a little too small for my needs and as of last week I was all set to pursue buying a 2015 CR-V. That's when I read many complaints about the vibration problem. I can't see investing that amount of money into a new vehicle until I know more about how Honda plans to solve the problem. Unfortunately I'm now at a loss as to what vehicle to consider. The Subaru Forester rates highly in various consumer magazines but has an issue with high oil consumption. I'm out of my comfort zone looking at non-Honda vehicles. I wish there were another option without moving up to the Pilot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm very tall and looking for a vehicle the family can take comfortably on longer trips, so anything smaller than a CR-V is too small for my needs.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Understand. Sounds like you need something along the lines of a CRV as the HRV really isn't intended for a couple and family. Actually more of the single crowd.

I'm very tall and looking for a vehicle the family can take comfortably on longer trips, so anything smaller than a CR-V is too small for my needs.

·
Registered
118 Posts
To be honest, I'd recommend you get a Crosstour before they're gone. The V6 is a blast to drive. It's very spacious. It is a very premium and feature rich Honda vehicle. It's got bigger tires/wheels than Accords and a larger gas tank than accords or CRVs, so I feel it's a better road-tripping car. And they're discontinued so you can get a really good deal on them right now. But availability will get harder and harder the longer one waits. That's my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I drove the Acura ZDX. I loved the design of the Acura ZDX. The Acura ZDX I could see myself driving. Senator, that Crosstour is NO ZDX!. :D:D

To be honest, I'd recommend you get a Crosstour before they're gone. The V6 is a blast to drive. It's very spacious. It is a very premium and feature rich Honda vehicle. It's got bigger tires/wheels than Accords and a larger gas tank than accords or CRVs, so I feel it's a better road-tripping car. And they're discontinued so you can get a really good deal on them right now. But availability will get harder and harder the longer one waits. That's my 2 cents.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My Biggest Concern With Any New Vehicle Including The HRV is the CVT. That is why i am waiting for my Dealer Who Told Me They Should be getting The HRV LX with the manual Transmission. I truly believe with a good set of snow tires the HRV will be a real pleasure to own.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
What exactly is your concern with the CVT?

My Biggest Concern With Any New Vehicle Including The HRV is the CVT. That is why i am waiting for my Dealer Who Told Me They Should be getting The HRV LX with the manual Transmission. I truly believe with a good set of snow tires the HRV will be a real pleasure to own.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Here is a valid alternative, if your wanting to stay in the Honda family, and the HR-V is too small for your needs. Our local dealers have discounted their remaining inventory up to $5,000.00. That full time 4-wheel drive model is interesting, although on the top of the price range for that model.

I have yet to see any "the HR-V is too big" threads, just mentioned by someone. I will keep my eyes and ears open however.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I can understand your concern with the CVT transmission. Particularly since no one can determine yet if the vibration problem is with the CR-V engine, or the combination of CVT and CR-V engine. Having said that, my Daughter has the Honda CVT in her 2015 Fit and loves it (she did not want to push a clutch).

I don't think you can go wrong with a 6-speed. I hear they are bullet proof.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I need cargo space for transporting a lawn mower and those larger items that often don't fit into a conventional vehicle, so I'm not sure the Crosstour would work. I'd like to pick up a leftover 2015 Pilot. I'm seeing discounts of $5000 in Canada, which would bring it into my target range, but nothing like that in western New York.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts