Honda HR-V Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glad to know you like the CX-5. My wife and I are deciding between the HR-V and the CX5. We're shorter folks so I thought the HR-V might be more for us. Price-wise though, it seems we might save more if we choose the CX5.

Did you get AWD?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Are you looking at the Sport, Touring, or Grand Touring?

Touring trim level is nice.

Glad to know you like the CX-5. My wife and I are deciding between the HR-V and the CX5. We're shorter folks so I thought the HR-V might be more for us. Price-wise though, it seems we might save more if we choose the CX5.

Did you get AWD?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm still curious as to how you all will make out w/the HRV!!!

But I've now had a week w/CX-5 and I like it. Short road trip today and very long road trip coming up next week so I'm glad I didn't wait. I've never had AWD before and I was surprised at the difference it made during a rainstorm....

Length and width wise it's just about the same as my former civic and I like the extra height. With the backup camera I find it's easier to park in my tricky garage than my Civic!

Good luck on the HRV. Someone get a red one!! ;-)
Glad to have found this thread. I am coming from a 01 Civic. As much as I fell in love with the concept of the HRV, right now I am intending to go test a CX5 and Forester after work. I'm leaning CX5, esp. because my budget is tight as I've found a few slightly used (14/15) models around town that may work for me. I'm aiming for the Touring, because I don't see being able to squeeze a Grand Touring even used into my budget. (Though there's a 14 Grand Touring priced the same as a new 15 Touring that I may aim for if at all possible. More likely to haggle with the ones at used card places.)

The infotainment system looks dated and unappealing, but I can deal if that's the worst part! It's bigger than I am sure I want, but then my two 80lb dogs would appreciate me getting a small SUV.

Funny enough Mazda wasn't on my radar at all, but I've read up on safety/dependability and the CX5 and now I'm really leaning that way over the Forester. Ultimately, I'm just not sure I can wait it out for an HRV. The true first generation worries me, esp. after reading issues with the CVT in the current CRV and knowing they want us to order sight unseen up here at this point.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Glad to have found this thread. I am coming from a 01 Civic. As much as I fell in love with the concept of the HRV, right now I am intending to go test a CX5 and Forester after work. I'm leaning CX5, esp. because my budget is tight as I've found a few slightly used (14/15) models around town that may work for me. I'm aiming for the Touring, because I don't see being able to squeeze a Grand Touring even used into my budget. (Though there's a 14 Grand Touring priced the same as a new 15 Touring that I may aim for if at all possible. More likely to haggle with the ones at used card places.)

The infotainment system looks dated and unappealing, but I can deal if that's the worst part! It's bigger than I am sure I want, but then my two 80lb dogs would appreciate me getting a small SUV.

Funny enough Mazda wasn't on my radar at all, but I've read up on safety/dependability and the CX5 and now I'm really leaning that way over the Forester. Ultimately, I'm just not sure I can wait it out for an HRV. The true first generation worries me, esp. after reading issues with the CVT in the current CRV and knowing they want us to order sight unseen up here at this point.

I just bought a new 15 Grand Touring last month! The CX-5 really was low on my list, and I did not initially test drive it when I test drove the other vehicles I was looking at. The main reason is I wanted some of the amenities of the Grand Touring, but did not want to pay that price. I could get those amenities in the mid level of the other cars I was looking at.

I decided what the heck, let's test drive one, I actually test drove a 16 since all of those are out. I wasn't fond of the dealer I went to so I came home and e-mailed another dealer in the area and asked for the 16 touring out the door price. They were running specials at the time and I asked them if the 3 remaining 15s they had on the lot were on special as well. They had a bigger discount and I could get a 15 grand touring cheaper than a 16 touring, much cheaper than a slightly used 15 grand touring as well!

So look into that option if they have any of those left, they were really wanting to get rid of the 15s! There weren't many differences between the two to justify going for a 16.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought a new 15 Grand Touring last month! The CX-5 really was low on my list, and I did not initially test drive it when I test drove the other vehicles I was looking at. The main reason is I wanted some of the amenities of the Grand Touring, but did not want to pay that price. I could get those amenities in the mid level of the other cars I was looking at.

I decided what the heck, let's test drive one, I actually test drove a 16 since all of those are out. I wasn't fond of the dealer I went to so I came home and e-mailed another dealer in the area and asked for the 16 touring out the door price. They were running specials at the time and I asked them if the 3 remaining 15s they had on the lot were on special as well. They had a bigger discount and I could get a 15 grand touring cheaper than a 16 touring, much cheaper than a slightly used 15 grand touring as well!

So look into that option if they have any of those left, they were really wanting to get rid of the 15s! There weren't many differences between the two to justify going for a 16.
Thanks so much for sharing! They only have a couple 2015 models left, tons of the 2016. I figure that would work in my favor. Right now the grand touring 2015 is 8-10 above what I'd like to spend. The touring is about 4 above. I'm not sure in that price range if they'd come down that much, but .. I may just go in for the 2015 grand touring. Go from there if I need to, knowing darn well I'm cool settling for a touring. Just not keen on the base model.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Thanks so much for sharing! They only have a couple 2015 models left, tons of the 2016. I figure that would work in my favor. Right now the grand touring 2015 is 8-10 above what I'd like to spend. The touring is about 4 above. I'm not sure in that price range if they'd come down that much, but .. I may just go in for the 2015 grand touring. Go from there if I need to, knowing darn well I'm cool settling for a touring. Just not keen on the base model.
Email them and get a quote, you may be shocked with the price from their internet sales team. Look on cars.com for some good advertised prices.

·
Registered
485 Posts
My significant other has a CX-5 think it's a 2014. She loves it. I 'like it'...but it's a tad big and the sound system is horrible. How is the sound system in the 2016? I sat in one Friday (did not have time to drive) and it looks fairly similar to her's...dash being similar, the console was different.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I've been hearing the same about Subaru's oil problems, but I know better, hence my skepticism.
Hearing what?
The oil think with regards to Subaru's IS a real problem. The Consumer Reports guys even made a special video VERY recently about it because CR has finally undertaken a big look into this and another is ongoing. Very real.

·
Registered
389 Posts

I hope your still loving your Mazda CX-5.....Post an update once and a while!

We just purchased our middle daughters dream car, the 2015 Honda....oops, I mean Toyota Prius in Barcelona Red! I am taking it to her at school in Knoxville this Friday. Her first road trip will be to return me to Nashville.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
We just purchased our middle daughters dream car, the 2015 Honda Prius in Barcelona Red! I am taking it to her at school in Knoxville this Friday. Her first road trip will be to return me to Nashville.
A Honda Prius — never heard of one of those. ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just traded my HRV-EXL for the Mazda CX5 Grand Touring. Lost money in the end but think I will be happier with this purchase.

Good luck to everyone on the forum. Drive safe!

41 - 56 of 56 Posts