Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
The HR-V in every other country looks better than the US verison. Especially the Vezel in Japan.
Agree with you that there seems to be differing options and looks of the HRV around the globe. Saw a Malaysia commercial for the HRV on youtube and that car has wonderful looking LED headlights. Not too sure why being a global car that we all can't get the same options like LED headlights.

I have family in the UK and will be wondering what the UK version will look like when it is released in the next month or so.

Take at this commercial, it shows Led lights and panoramic roof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kP7Z5i1ofc

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agree with you that there seems to be differing options and looks of the HRV around the globe. Saw a Malaysia commercial for the HRV on youtube and that car has wonderful looking LED headlights. Not too sure why being a global car that we all can't get the same options like LED headlights.

I have family in the UK and will be wondering what the UK version will look like when it is released in the next month or so.

Take at this commercial, it shows Led lights and panoramic roof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kP7Z5i1ofc
It must have been a cost issue to omit the LEDs initially in the US version. I'm sure they'll show up eventually. Thanks for the video.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I felt the same way. I ultimately caved because by the time they add LED headlights, they might pull the manual transmission option, and interest rates might be higher. Also, I'm impatient.

·
Registered
279 Posts
LED headlights have been on the CR-V overseas for a while, still not on the new refreshed CR-V here this year. I'd not bother waiting.

I may look into brighter whiter bulbs if I can find some good ones at a decent price. Inside the car you can get the LED kit for all interior bulbs from College Hills Honda for like $32. They are a sponsor of this site actually. I wish there was more info on the Putco bulbs as there are no returns and I want to get the new headlights right the first time!

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/category/2016-hrv-accessories-lighting.html

·
Administrator
1,822 Posts
LED headlights have been on the CR-V overseas for a while, still not on the new refreshed CR-V here this year. I'd not bother waiting.

I may look into brighter whiter bulbs if I can find some good ones at a decent price. Inside the car you can get the LED kit for all interior bulbs from College Hills Honda for like $32. They are a sponsor of this site actually. I wish there was more info on the Putco bulbs as there are no returns and I want to get the new headlights right the first time!

$32, what a mark up. :)They have good deals on parts, but those interior bulbs are not one of them. Get these for $10,
I replaced all my interior lights with them.

·
Registered
389 Posts

Am I mistaken, or does your link show both the conversion kit and LED bulbs for the 2016 HR-V?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

The new CRV has LED lights around the rim of the headlights.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The new CRV has LED lights around the rim of the headlights.

Yeah, I have seen those but those do nothing to actually light up the road which is what I assume the OP is looking for. Led running lights are all the rage but there is no point to them other that looking cool to the other drivers lol!

I've not driven the HRV at night yet still but I hope they are better than my CRV was as those lights were not impressive at all. I need to figure out how to raise them higher a little too. There is a knob back there on the rear of the light but I can't really tell much difference when I was messing with it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
New harness is required when changing to LED headlights with DRL due to different sockets. This harness/wiring don't come cheap.

·
Registered
74 Posts
So I just checked the headlamp housing and it's stamped H4 / HB2. So assuming our headlights are that bulb type, which I think is also same as 9003.

There are relatively inexpensive LED headlights made to fit with halogen plugs. LEDs in general cost less to make than the HID systems, so it shouldn't cost you an arm and leg to get the parts.

Even amazon sells LED headlight options:

i've seen these on other car types--really depends on the design of the LED unit, but light out put is usually better than stock, and we may need to try out different bulbs before we find one w/ a better cut off that doesn't have too much glare.
who wants to be the first to try and report back!?

again, if you're looking for LED headlights and increased light output, this would be a way more affordable option than any other conversion.

·
Registered
279 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts