Honda HR-V Forum banner

Important note - don't lower the Magic seats on stuff.

7K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  roninhouston 
#1 ·
So thought I'd share a funny story / lesson learned on my HRV. Picking up my daughter the other day and both rear seats were in the up position, so she had to lower the one on the drivers side. First time she'd done it so she pulled the metal leg out and it dropped into place hard. No big deal, except there was leftover food in a foam container on the floor back there and it smacked down right on it. Missed all the actual food in the container, so no mess there at least.

The problem was it literally latched into place through a standard foam takeout type container. Once down there was no lifting the seat back up it was stuck. I mean STUCK too. Pulled out all the foam container I could get to all around the latch point which was 95% of it (bye delicious club sandwich half) but there was two full layers under the bar there and nothing I could do would flip the seat up. I'm not a small person and probably stronger than most, stood/crouched in the back and pulled so hard I was sure I was going to tear the seat off. No dice. Actually gave up that day after trying a couple more times later on.

Finally the next day flipped the seat forward and it moved it a little, messed and messed with it that way and it finally worked out enough I freed the seat, but those two little layers of foam made for a lot of trouble with the seat. Those tolerances in there are pretty tight, so don't have stuff in the way when lowering the seat if you don't want to feel dumb once it is stuck! :D

Aw, now I want a club sandwich..... :crying:

See less See more
#4 ·
So thought I'd share a funny story / lesson learned on my HRV. Picking up my daughter the other day and both rear seats were in the up position, so she had to lower the one on the drivers side. First time she'd done it so she pulled the metal leg out and it dropped into place hard. No big deal, except there was leftover food in a foam container on the floor back there and it smacked down right on it. Missed all the actual food in the container, so no mess there at least.

The problem was it literally latched into place through a standard foam takeout type container. Once down there was no lifting the seat back up it was stuck. I mean STUCK too. Pulled out all the foam container I could get to all around the latch point which was 95% of it (bye delicious club sandwich half) but there was two full layers under the bar there and nothing I could do would flip the seat up. I'm not a small person and probably stronger than most, stood/crouched in the back and pulled so hard I was sure I was going to tear the seat off. No dice. Actually gave up that day after trying a couple more times later on.

Finally the next day flipped the seat forward and it moved it a little, messed and messed with it that way and it finally worked out enough I freed the seat, but those two little layers of foam made for a lot of trouble with the seat. Those tolerances in there are pretty tight, so don't have stuff in the way when lowering the seat if you don't want to feel dumb once it is stuck! :D

Aw, now I want a club sandwich..... :crying:
Glad you decided to share you funny story. My Magic Seat is stuck and I did a search and got you. Will try and see if I can it to un-stick itself. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.