Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm taking delivery of a 2022 HR-V in a few weeks and was thinking about independent repair/maintenance/performance oriented shops in the Chicago area. Does anyone here know of or recommend good independent repair shops and/or places Honda owners go to get performance oriented work / mods done? So like independent shops that specialize or focus on Honda or similar? Chicago city or suburbs (I am downtown).

Seth

Registered
Careful on adding extra Horsepower. That CVT is already finiky with the little power our engine has already. lol. Although I would love to see an HRV with a traditional gear driven tranny with a turbo charger and NOS. 馃お

And congrats on the New HRV! What color and trim you get?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Careful on adding extra Horsepower. That CVT is already finiky with the little power our engine has already. lol. Although I would love to see an HRV with a traditional gear driven tranny with a turbo charger and NOS. 馃お

And congrats on the New HRV! What color and trim you get?
That makes sense. It鈥檚 pearl white, EX-L.

Registered
That makes sense. It鈥檚 pearl white, EX-L.
Nice choice. 馃憤

And if you wanted add a bit of coolness to your car (and protection at the same time) You can slap on some OEM side moulding in a color other than white. I have a Blue one and chose the Pearl Black side moulding. It looks like my car has shark fins on its side, pretty cool in my opinion. lol.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice choice. 馃憤

And if you wanted add a bit of coolness to your car (and protection at the same time) You can slap on some OEM side moulding in a color other than white. I have a Blue one and chose the Pearl Black side moulding. It looks like my car has shark fins on its side, pretty cool in my opinion. lol.
I ordered the body side moulding, will see what it looks like

Registered
I ordered the body side moulding, will see what it looks like
Nice!

Oh, and heres a vid in case you install yourself.

Although you may be better off skipping the templates and just lining it up yourself and using masking tape as a guide. I found the templates to be to stiff and it threw off the alignment a bit because it didnt fully contour to the shape of the door. And once that stickyness touches the paint, it's VERY hard to pull off without damaging the sticker foam. The side mould will actually sit perfectly over the protrouding body work, it feels like it slots in and aligns itself.

I do recommend how they peeled the sticker off though, woulda been super crooked it I hadn't dont that. lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts