Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in Australia and have a 2020 MY21 HR-V and I have previously uploaded images to "photo" and "wallpaper" and want to update them - but the system is only reading original files on the USB and not any new ones. The file sizes are smaller than the original ones. I have tried removing the original files and I have changed from jpeg to png - but the system won't read them.
Can anyone help please?

·
Registered
2021 Honda HR-V Vti-S
60 Posts
I am in Australia and have a 2020 MY21 HR-V and I have previously uploaded images to "photo" and "wallpaper" and want to update them - but the system is only reading original files on the USB and not any new ones. The file sizes are smaller than the original ones. I have tried removing the original files and I have changed from jpeg to png - but the system won't read them.
Can anyone help please?
When you place the files on the USB are you placing them in a folder?
If so, that could be your problem the pictures/photo's have to be in the Root Directory of the USB.

Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Number Document

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your response.
I have tried in folders and no folders. Interestingly, the system DOES see the original files whether they are in a folder or not. Also, PNG files are recognised and I have used PNG AND JPEG files previously.
The new files are saved as both JPEG and PNG, are definitely not larger than the limit and neither does the file name exceed the limit.
It is so bazaar that I can take the old files off the USB and put them back on, and they are still recognised but none of the new ones are!? I am at a loss why the new files are not being recognised :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you.
I have managed to put some photos on the USB and the HRV can see them - but not all of them ... size and dimensions are almost exactly the same - so it's all very odd :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2021 Honda HR-V Vti-S
60 Posts
I re-read your OP,
I'll have to have a play with mine.
I'll let you know how I get on.
I had a play with my Photo & Wallpaper, but I don't see a menu to upload my images as a photo or a wallpaper. All I get is either "User Image" & Set Wallpaper.
If I open the Photo window I can choose my image, but if I crop the 960x468 it cuts out the centre of the image as it should.

I also found I had to play around with the image sizes, I used software that allows you set images sizes by pixels, 960x468 fits my screen perfectly.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts