Honda HR-V Forum banner

Installed OEM Hood Deflector

7K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  rszappa1 
#1 ·
I installed an OEM Honda Hood Deflector over the weekend. I regret buying it because it doesn't even cover the entire width of the hood, yet it was expensive AF. How much are you American guys paying for one of these from your dealer on average?

Pics below. If anyone wants to take a shot at installing it, feel free to ask me Qs and I'll help, I got it done pretty easily and it looks good overall, but wish it spanned the entire width of the hood.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I think it would look unbalanced and overwhelming if it was the entire width of the hood. It obviously is made to work where the bugs hit you, which is directly across the front.

#7 ·
I did mine within the first few weeks of ownership. The shop told me most 'yellowing' is actually the result of not keeping it clean. I wash my car more than my bride would like, but after 3 years it still looks clear, unlike the rock guards near the rear fender wells. That tells me the glue used on the back of the Honda applied material is junk. So, go for it. I actually had them do the mirrors and door handle inserts on the front doors at the same time.

#8 ·
ask for XPEL - it does not yellow, on high end cars, its the standard....

www.xpel.com

Reactions: car4sooznd
#9 ·
ask for XPEL - it does not yellow, on high end cars, its the standard....

www.xpel.com
I did mine within the first few weeks of ownership. The shop told me most 'yellowing' is actually the result of not keeping it clean. I wash my car more than my bride would like, but after 3 years it still looks clear, unlike the rock guards near the rear fender wells. That tells me the glue used on the back of the Honda applied material is junk. So, go for it. I actually had them do the mirrors and door handle inserts on the front doors at the same time.

Thanks!- the clear bra I had on my Honda Fit for over 8 years never yellowed, but it was on a light blue car- so I imagine the same stuff will stay clear on the white pearl.

#13 ·
I installed an OEM Honda Hood Deflector over the weekend. I regret buying it because it doesn't even cover the entire width of the hood, yet it was expensive AF. How much are you American guys paying for one of these from your dealer on average?

Pics below. If anyone wants to take a shot at installing it, feel free to ask me Qs and I'll help, I got it done pretty easily and it looks good overall, but wish it spanned the entire width of the hood.

Weren't you aware of the length before you installed it? It serves its purpose regardless

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.