Honda HR-V Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 53 of 53 Posts
Ok, I got it working - it is possible to downgrade software to RC6.1 using this package:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dLnl6URHkL0AO-u6jDay9d7h58eZYrsA/view?usp=sharing

You just have to download it, put to tue USB stick in root directory (USB has to be formatted as FAT32) and reboot your head unit.
It'll be installed automatically. At the end, just do the factory reset in case if Install button is still gray.
hi. This link doesn’t work anymore could you advis please

I noticed in our 2022 EX that I can install apps via apk files. I also noticed that I can connect it to wifi and browse the web.

What apps do you guys run? I currently mostly just use Waze and Pandora, but those are installed on my cell and are just transferred via USP and Android Auto. Was curious how these would work if the system doesn't have wifi when I'm on the road. Does it just run off of the Android Auto connection, or should I set up a hotspot on my phone?

I don't have a factory head unit but one app that I'm running is MyTuner Pro and it lets you listen to any (streaming) radio station from around the world. There is a free version too with adverts.

I noticed in our 2022 EX that I can install apps via apk files. I also noticed that I can connect it to wifi and browse the web.

What apps do you guys run? I currently mostly just use Waze and Pandora, but those are installed on my cell and are just transferred via USP and Android Auto. Was curious how these would work if the system doesn't have wifi when I'm on the road. Does it just run off of the Android Auto connection, or should I set up a hotspot on my phone?
Did you actually install any apps? I have a 21 exl. The options to install apps is there but you can’t actually install anything. It errors out every time. I think the android OS on the HRV is horrible. Honda should have at most installed the same OS as the civics.

We have a new '21, no apps.....yet...it's my wife's daily driver, she's not interested - she's quite content with the satellite radio, and when she took our son for a ride, he got it to pair to use Waze from her phone by way of USB, and I had already paired her phone to work by Bluetooth with whatever Honda calls their "hands free" set up. It;s a way more complicated car than she needs, but she's getting used to it, I'm slowly getting used to it - beings as I drive a 3rd gen Fit, some controls (steering wheel phone/radio controls) and feels somewhat familiar in that aspect, but my fingers and touchscreens do NOT get along :) She can have it. I just recently retired, am driving a '15 Fit, about to crack the 70,000 mile mark.....may be the last car I have, just have to keep it maintained and drive it every few days......love both of these cars. It's funny, I see both of our cars in our garage and her HRV looks SO much bigger than my Fit, but when we go out in in the HR, it;s smaller than most vehicles.....guess the 3rd gen Fit, even though it.s the biggest Fit, is still tiny....but plenty roomy inside. Honda did a good job with the HRV, I think......other than missing the "fun factor" my car has ;) But, that's OK, it's her DD.....mine's louder, ruder, smaller. and quicker. and more brash....like me ;)

I have three vehicles but I only post about my HR-V here because this is an HR-V forum. That reply above was about 95% Fit content. I’ve read all of your posts since you’ve joined and frankly I’m tired of sifting through the Fit mentions, which is in every post. You seem like a nice guy but I think if I read about your Fit once more then I’m going to throw up in my mouth just a little bit. Oh, sincerely, welcome and it sounds like you/her would have been more happy with an HR-V LX as it doesn’t have all of the bells and whistles and gadgets.

On topic content: SXM app is a good one also

I have three vehicles but I only post about my HR-V here because this is an HR-V forum. That reply above was about 95% Fit content. I’ve read all of your posts since you’ve joined and frankly I’m tired of sifting through the Fit mentions, which is in every post. You seem like a nice guy but I think if I read about your Fit once more then I’m going to throw up in my mouth just a little bit. Oh, sincerely, welcome and it sounds like you/her would have been more happy with an HR-V LX as it doesn’t have all of the bells and whistles and gadgets.

On topic content: SXM app is a good one also
Whatever...... OK, pal, I'll refrain from mentioning the F car ever again here....you happy? Not to mention I'm not the only person here who has ever mentioned the ***, so, again, whatever

Dude, you love your Fit and that's great, we get it. We got it in your first 50 posts but let's stay on (HR-V) topic here please. However, there is a place to post all about your other cars, see the link below.

On topic content: Movies Anywhere app will let you watch movies from your movie accounts (i.e. iTunes, Disney, etc.) and although it is on my Dasaita head unit, I doubt that it will work on the factory head unit and no I don't watch movies unless the car is in park

I’ve been thinking of upgrading to a dasaita head unit. How’s the response on it? Is the UI laggy at all? Just worried it won’t work the exl trim Bc of the extra wiring. However I have heard using a civic canbus would fix this. Just an expensive experiment is why I haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

There is a Dasaita head unit discussion at the link below but I have no problems with my LX, it happens to use a Civic CANBUS. Which honestly, I have no idea how a CANBUS even works.

On topic content: the Line (chat) app does work also but again, I doubt it with the factory head unit

As far as I know, these are the version numbers
RC3: 09.08C.00.0021/1123,
RC4: 0C.091.01.0021/1123
RC5, 0C.091.01.0021/1123
RC6: 0E.094.00.0021/1123
RC6.1: 0E.094.00.1123 ada3s.20161007.221618
RC7: 0F.095.00.0021 or 0F.095.01.1123
RC8: 10.096.00.0021 or 10.096.00.1123
RC9: 02.084.02.0021 - but I'm not sure on this one

41 - 53 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.