Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, sorry for my english because i'm french. i have a HR-V 2016 since february 2021 witch 56000km now.
I have a problem with the start/stop buton. I will clean with a contact spray.

Now i want to remove the garnish tailgate because something inside making noise when i drive. I m sure it 's because of rivets plate number. I try to pull it out and know its worst. i may have broke a clip : /

if you know a tutorial or some photos i will be grateful.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Bon soir, I apologize for my lack of French, or other languages. I am American. :) There is a Honda factory recall on the start/stop button. It is being replaced here in the US under extended warranty. If this is not the case in France, then please see this thread: Replacing Start Button - how to

There are some who have opened up the rear tail gate to add wiring for a rear view camera. Perhaps one of them can comment on your second question. Others have opened it up to fix water issues. If I recall it is fairly easy and you're right about perhaps breaking a few clips.

Je m'excuse pour mon manque de français, ou d'autres langues. Je suis américaine. :) Il y a un rappel d'usine Honda sur le bouton marche/arrêt. Il est remplacé ici aux États-Unis sous garantie prolongée. Si ce n'est pas le cas en France, veuillez consulter ce fil : Remplacement du bouton de démarrage - comment faire

Certains ont ouvert le hayon arrière pour ajouter le câblage d'une caméra de recul. Peut-être que l'un d'eux pourra commenter votre deuxième question. D'autres l'ont ouvert pour résoudre les problèmes d'eau. Si je me souviens bien, c'est assez facile et vous avez peut-être raison de casser quelques clips.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello thank you for your answer.
i put some spray on the buton. i will see if its enough.
i saw i can buy it there :

for the tailgate i pulled it a little harder and it's came. More silence when i drive haha!!
IMG-20210714-WA0011.jpeg IMG-20210714-WA0013.jpeg IMG-20210714-WA0015.jpeg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bonjour, merci pour ta réponse, je suis moins seul 😁 Alors pour le bouton de démarrage j'ai mis de nettoyant contact on verra si ça revient. J'ai vu sur Amazon deux modèles pour ce bouton donc si je devais en commander un autre je ne sais pas trop lequel choisir.

Pour la garniture de coffre, j'ai démonté en tirant assez fort et j'ai pu récupérer les restes des rivets de l'ancienne plaque. Ca devrait moins faire de bruit en roulant. Je n'ai pas encore testé 😄

·
Registered
HR-V 2021
15 Posts
Bonjour, merci pour ta réponse, je suis moins seul 😁 Alors pour le bouton de démarrage j'ai mis de nettoyant contact on verra si ça revient. J'ai vu sur Amazon deux modèles pour ce bouton donc si je devais en commander un autre je ne sais pas trop lequel choisir.

Pour la garniture de coffre, j'ai démonté en tirant assez fort et j'ai pu récupérer les restes des rivets de l'ancienne plaque. Ca devrait moins faire de bruit en roulant. Je n'ai pas encore testé 😄
J'espère pour toi que ca va régler tes problèmes.

Bonne journée

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
430 Posts
This is the oils Cox Honda have advertised on their website Cox - Oils & Fluids*.

So as long as what you purchase fulfils the same criteria as the oils advertised by Cox, then you should be fine.

As for removing the tailgate, I would highly recommend purchasing a set of Trim Removal Tools.*

*Not suggesting you purchase from the companies I have quoted, though you can if you wish, just showing what they recommend or are.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello, sorry for my english because i'm french. i have a HR-V 2016 since february 2021 witch 56000km now.
I have a problem with the start/stop buton. I will clean with a contact spray.

Now i want to remove the garnish tailgate because something inside making noise when i drive. I m sure it 's because of rivets plate number. I try to pull it out and know its worst. i may have broke a clip : /

if you know a tutorial or some photos i will be grateful.

Thanks a lot!
They’ve been having issues with the Start/Stop button and sent out notices saying to take to the dealership for free fixing. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They’ve been having issues with the Start/Stop button and sent out notices saying to take to the dealership for free fixing. Hope that helps.

There it is the answer of the dealership :

They won't repaire it for free.

·
Registered
32 Posts
There it is the answer of the dealership :

They won't repaire it for free.

View attachment 32325
That’s crazy! I don’t know what the differences would be between the American models and the French models, but I’ll attempt to attach (since I’ve never tried this before) the two pages they have available for review regarding the warranty extension on this issue.
D0D0FD2E-46DD-4226-B776-1ECE80FB6304.jpeg
D0D0FD2E-46DD-4226-B776-1ECE80FB6304.jpeg
6B1E56FC-7C87-46AA-8A71-4A9653080331.jpeg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry i dont understand what you mean.
If you take this issue to the owner of the dealership and explain that the kind of bad service you are getting makes his company look bad, and show him the first page I sent you, maybe he’ll have his shop cut you a break…it can’t hurt to try.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts