Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I ordered these from Amazon, 10 pcs for $5.00. You can install all 4 inside in about 15 minutes. Much brighter than stock.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I reviewed these for Amazon in November: http://goo.gl/8nUpw0

I did not find them bright enough for use as backup lights, but I just installed in the map lights (a light that requires a fairly short bulb):

They are certainly whiter than the incandescent bulbs, but based on what I actually saw inside the car, I'm not sure they are significantly brighter. However, the OEM bulb was uncomfortably hot to the touch when I pulled it from the socket after less than 30 seconds of run time, so the lower current draw alone is an advantage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does anyone know if the Honda accessory interior illumination lights(not dash) can change the blub to a brighter one? If so what is the part number and where can I get them
Thanks

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Does anyone know if the Honda accessory interior illumination lights(not dash) can change the blub to a brighter one? If so what is the part number and where can I get them
Thanks
What do you mean by "Honda accessory interior illumination lights"?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Replace them with leds, I did and it’s a lot brighter, you can see now.
I read on the other threads that there can be an issue of some new LED bulbs are too big and won't let the covers be reinstalled, did you have this issue? If you did NOT have any issues, what specific bulbs did you use? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Post number eight in this thread are the ones to get ....they are not too long, they are not too hot, they are bright enough most people are using them.

·
Registered
123 Posts
194/168 is also known as T10.

These are the ones I bought and the interior lighting is beautiful. It looks OEM.

I highly recommend buying 4000k bulbs as you get a warm white light, instead of that nasty blue coloured white light.

·
Registered
60 Posts
194/168 is also known as T10.

These are the ones I bought and the interior lighting is beautiful. It looks OEM.

I highly recommend buying 4000k bulbs as you get a warm white light, instead of that nasty blue coloured white light.
I don't have my HRV nearby to look at it, but will this bulb fit all four lights (dome, two maps and the cargo)?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't have my HRV nearby to look at it, but will this bulb fit all four lights (dome, two maps and the cargo)?
Yes, this bulb will fit the dome, map and cargo lights with no fitment issues. Make sure to use the 20% off coupon code if ordering from powerbulbs.

Only the vanity mirror has a different bulb size. I think only the EX trim has vanity mirror bulbs but I could be wrong.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts