Honda HR-V Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have tried the fob trick and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't so, it's unknown whether the fob is really helping. I got an update from the service rep today. Honda North America is expected to receive the part from the manufacturer around the end of May. Once received then it should be shipped to my service center asap. The problem has good days and bad days. Yesterday was a "good" day. This morning it took over 25 tries to turn my car off when I got to work.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I have tried the fob trick and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't so, it's unknown whether the fob is really helping. I got an update from the service rep today. Honda North America is expected to receive the part from the manufacturer around the end of May. Once received then it should be shipped to my service center asap. The problem has good days and bad days. Yesterday was a "good" day. This morning it took over 25 tries to turn my car off when I got to work.
For that reason alone I would take the car back to Honda and demand a loaner until your's is fixed. If you had an emergency on the road and needed to shut off the car, you might be unable to do so. That is a huge safety issue. After a traffic accident, for example, you need to be able to shut off the car. If the accelerator got stuck, you'd need to be able to shut it off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I heard back from my Honda service rep on Saturday. The part was shipped from the manufacturer and was scheduled to arrive at my service center today. I have an appointment first thing tomorrow morning. Hopefully this is all that's wrong at it resolves the issue. There were moments when I wasn't sure my car would start or turn off, but we've made it through. 'just needs to start tomorrow morning so I can get it to the dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thankfully, this has resolved the problem, with no further issues. It was expensive. Now I can only hope it becomes a recall so I can get reimbursed. Crossing my fingers!

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Thankfully, this has resolved the problem, with no further issues. It was expensive. Now I can only hope it becomes a recall so I can get reimbursed. Crossing my fingers!

why was this not warranty? you never posted what year this car is.......

·
Registered
533 Posts
I was wondering the same thing, but you did not mention year of your car or mileage-- seems as though this should have been done under warranty since you brought the issue to them a while ago and they could not find the problem. It is a very serious safety issue and even if out of warranty Honda should have repaired at minimal cost to you-it is not a wear and tear maintenance issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
the smart entry warning light came on intermittently in my 2016 HR-V; I took it in several times. The dealership told me to bring it only when the light is on, which was tricky, since it was lit some days, and not others. I went on vacation recently, though, and got stranded several times, and called Honda Roadside Assistance to start the car. On returning home, I called several dealerships enroute, and they told me I'd need to stay overnight, which I couldn't do. I made it home, called Roadside Assistance the next morning, went to the dealership, and they replaced the battery. The warning light came on again that afternoon...back to the dealership. Back again the next morning. In the afternoon, they told me they had to order a part, and that I should come back the next day. The fourth try, the light is now off and the car is running. However, I'm apprehensive about taking this car on a trip again, and I'll probably try to make a claim through my state's "lemon law" or try to reach a mediation with American Honda. This was my fifth Honda, and I've loved all of them until this one. I think it was released too early, and the local mechanics were not trained on how to diagnose and repair them.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
So what was the last part they ordered and what did they say the problem was for the part they ordered?

Hopefully this part did the trick.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had similar problems....a warning light came on, top left of the dash, telling me that there was a problem. It was on and off. I took it to the dealership three times. They assured me all was well. I took the car on a trip, and had to be re-started 8 times, every time I turned the car off. I cut my trip short, came home, got jumped off again, took it to the dealer, and asked that it not be returned till it was repaired. They put in a new battery. The light came back on two days later. I took it back. Finally, they ordered a part and got it fixed, but I vowed never to travel long distance in this car, and I'm looking to trade as soon as possible. And, I have less than 30,000 miles on the car. I'm amazed that Honda marketed this vehicle. I had 5 wonderful Hondas before this, but never again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
oh my god
This is exactly happening to our 2018 HRV
I am now waiting for my second tow to the dealership who once again will probably not be able to rectify it
This is infuriating and exactly the type of unreliability you don’t expect from Honda
The dealership are rude and I don’t think they believe me either
If anyone gets to the bottom of this please tell me so that I can get it fixed properly

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I had similar problems....a warning light came on, top left of the dash, telling me that there was a problem. It was on and off. I took it to the dealership three times. They assured me all was well. I took the car on a trip, and had to be re-started 8 times, every time I turned the car off. I cut my trip short, came home, got jumped off again, took it to the dealer, and asked that it not be returned till it was repaired. They put in a new battery. The light came back on two days later. I took it back. Finally, they ordered a part and got it fixed, but I vowed never to travel long distance in this car, and I'm looking to trade as soon as possible. And, I have less than 30,000 miles on the car. I'm amazed that Honda marketed this vehicle. I had 5 wonderful Hondas before this, but never again.
So what was the part?

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
368 Posts
I think it could be "paid plants" - from a Nissan or Subaru dealership etc. Something like that.
I won't outright deny the possibility, but feels a little unlikely.

Rather then paid plants, I feel it's more likely actual people that have a heavy bias for something else. In short people just being jerks.

But then again, not many people post when everything is "all good." Instead, most people post when things aren't good.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts