Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the first long road trip in my 2019 HRV yesterday. My iPhone connected to CarPlay fine and worked well, but the battery depleted to the point that the phone battery was nearly dead by the time I reached my destination. I saw some chatter here about others with the same issue but I did not see any clear explanations or resolutions. Has anyone else faced this issue?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes! I should have said as much before. My iPhone works great with the HRV and CarPlay in every other way. I should add that I got the new cable because the one I had been using would sometimes not connect my iPhone to the Honda. It seems to reliably fail to connect if one side of the lightning connector was up versus down. If I flipped it, it would connect fine and I did not notice the charging issue. This new cable connects my phone reliably every time irrespective of whether a particular side of the lightning connector is up or down, but apparently fails to charge the iPhone.

·
Super Moderator
1,552 Posts
If you have one those giant iPhones. It might be drawing more power than the charging port can provide? I dont remembered how many amps HRV provides?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have one those giant iPhones. It might be drawing more power than the charging port can provide? I dont remembered how many amps HRV provides?
Thanks. I have the iPhone XS, not the Max. I am pretty sure the port is 1.5ma. BTW, I also queried a Mac list and got the suggestion to try a different cord. I have not taken a road trip yet, but the other cord seems to not deplete the phone in the 10 minutes I sat parked on a phone call in my car.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Sometimes the off brand cables work, but not perfectly. I had issues with an off brand cable I bought when traveling when I could not find an Apple one- it would not charge my iPad all the way only to 95% or so- weird.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hear you all about the potential perils of non-genuine Apple cables, but this one is supposedly Apple compliant and the true Apple cables are so fragile. The one that is causing problems is a make called ParaCable and it is braided and durable and not cheap!

·
Super Moderator
1,552 Posts
So many counterfeits out there, can't tell what is approved. I have cheap cables too, some work some dont.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have experienced all sorts of strange problems when using non Apple certified cables on my Iphone. I would try a different cable I don't know what the output is ion the HRV either but I do know that it chargers faster in the car than using the little square white Apple charger in the house.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts