Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I absolutely love small hatchback type cars with AWD and a small lift and off roady tires. And the reason why I adore 1st gen CRVs. But over the years they got too big and it just didn't work. With the styling and more compact body of the HRV, along with available AWD, I can't help but dream of the tiny off roader once again! Anyone with me on this?

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
I truly miss off road-oriented compact SUVs. Somehow the newer ones lend themselves less to the rugged utility look.
If the aftermarket can make it work, then good. Some of the new street-oriented CUVs are too sculpted for the look, at least the attempts I've seen thus far.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can certainly argue the newer CRVs looks don't lend themselves to the off-road look. But I've read a lot of HRV reviews stating it will fill the segment the CRV has opened by becoming too big. The CRV has been around almost 20 years. The '15 still has the same wheel base. Is lower than even the oldest 2wd version and has grown about 1 1/2" in length and width. Compare a '96 Accord with a '15 Accord. The CRVs lack of growth is remarkable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts