Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all - I like the look of the new HR-V Sport design, and can get top dollar on a trade for my 2019. I can get $7k of equity out of my vehicle, and then either lease or finance the rest. Clicklane offer is for $22k, the dealer is adding $750 to the pot, and my lease payoff is $14K. I'm 69 years old, so this will likely have to be my last new car.

But with just 10K miles on it, I'm wondering if the view is worth the climb. The vague steering and wind noise both irritate me in the 2019. Hopefully the 2023 model improves on that.

thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Title says it all - I like the look of the new HR-V Sport design, and can get top dollar on a trade for my 2019. I can get $7k of equity out of my vehicle, and then either lease or finance the rest. Clicklane offer is for $22k, the dealer is adding $750 to the pot, and my lease payoff is $14K. I'm 69 years old, so this will likely have to be my last new car.

But with just 10K miles on it, I'm wondering if the view is worth the climb. The vague steering and wind noise both irritate me in the 2019. Hopefully the 2023 model improves on that.

thanks,
Dave
read some reviews - its based upon the new civic which got good reviews with drive-ability - maybe some on this forum has driven both and can attest
(what i have read is the new one is a bit slower and sluggish and feels slightly larger, and a better build quality feeling)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've read all the reviews I can find, but not one of them speaks to wind noise while at speed. They do say that handling is better, and acceleration is acceptable. I'm used to Honda vehicles holding their steering (as if on rails) but my 2019 is deficient in that regard. So that is why I'm asking. Appreciate your input!

Dave

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I've read all the reviews I can find, but not one of them speaks to wind noise while at speed. They do say that handling is better, and acceleration is acceptable. I'm used to Honda vehicles holding their steering (as if on rails) but my 2019 is deficient in that regard. So that is why I'm asking. Appreciate your input!

Dave
the HR-V has a high center of gravity and a 'not so independent' rear suspension - so it is challenged with regards to roadholding.

·
Registered
2023 HR-V EX-L (my third HR-V)
15 Posts

thanks,
Dave
I had both an '18 (LX) and a '19 (EX), and the '23 (EX-L) is better in every way, not just cuz it has leather, either. Bigger, handles better (for the most part ... my '19 was quite "tight" in comparison, but it may be due to size), and much quieter IMHO.

·
Registered
2022 HR-V EX AWD
201 Posts
We had an '18 EX and then a '22 EX. The '18 was noisy. I always felt like there was little to no noise deadening material on the firewall and floorboards. The '22 is much quieter, so I imagine the '23 would be as well.

·
Registered
2023 Honda HR-V EX-L AWD
20 Posts
@John35g,

Yeah, the torsion beam rear suspension is also another of my pet peeves of the HR-V. And is seemed to have carried over to the new HR-V too.
“The 2023 HR-V shares its platform with the Civic. This makes it a lot more rigid than the outgoing model. Honda has also replaced the old torsion-beam layout with a fully independent rear suspension setup.”

·
Registered
6 Posts
We just were in the market and test drove 3 older ones. The 23 made the choice easy which one to buy. My wife did like the paddle shifters, but besides that the 23 was better in every way. We ended up picking the Sport over the Ex-l for what we plan to use it for.

·
Registered
1 Posts

thanks,
Dave
Drove one yesterday, a Sport. You’ll love it. Quiet, compliant ride. And 2.0L!! Quick.

·
Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
419 Posts
Hold on, helpful US folks

The 2023 North American HR-V is the larger one based on the Civic.
The 2023 Rest-of-World HR-V is still based on the Fit/Jazz platform.

Apples to oranges? :rolleyes:

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

·
Registered
2 Posts
2 weeks with mine. Went with the Sport over the EX-L, mostly because of the wheels and not enough equipment to justify the price increase. Bought it without test drive, only with the You Tube reviews that I found, and my first Honda. Glad - GLAD that I did!!! Coming from a Highlander Platinum 2020 with all the safety gadgets you could imagine, I am not missing it. It was too big for me and my needs so decided to downsize to something requiring less maintenance. The HR-V 2023 almost drives itself and rides super smooth. And is very quiet inside. The Highlander rattled since new.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts