Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi HR-Vers,

I'm about 9mo into HR-V ownership ('22 EX-L). For awhile I've been using the CarLinkIt dongle (CPC200-U2W Plus) with current firmware, and an iPhone 12 Pro. The wireless CarPlay works OK, sometimes it takes awhile to get going or doesn't at all, was working most of the time. When playing music the sound skips once every few minutes (this has been covered elsewhere).

Over the past few weeks when I turn the car on in this configuration, sometimes I just get a blank screen (head unit background), but lately I always get this HondaLink Assist Setting screen. I can't find this screen in the menu system, but I'm getting it every time I start the car with a device plugged into USB (either the phone directly, or the CarLinkIt dongle).

When I try to hit "On" or "Off" it clicks but doesn't resolve. It's just stuck there unless I hit the home button, then it goes away till the next time I start up.

But then it got even weirder. I deleted all paired devices on the head unit and on my phone, did a factory reset of the head unit, then attempted to re pair my phone for "smartphone/carplay" just stock, with the cable, no CarLinkIt. I can't get past this screen now, and also even if I "home" to make it go away, the carplay doesn't start. It gives me a "no available / suitable / compatible device" type error (apologies for not having a screenshot of that).

Anyone seeing this? I plan to take it to the dealer to have them look at it.

Seth

Car Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Vehicle audio

·
Registered
7 Posts
I suggest that you use the CPLAY2air wireless adapter for Carplay. It works smoothly with the HR-V's multimedia system. No sound skips or other problems. The adapter is iOS independent. I have an iPhone 12 with iOS 16 (public beta) and everything works as fine as with iOS 15 (HR-V 2019, sport). I have been using the adapter for 3 years with no problem. Just plug it in and forget it. The connection is done automatically.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suggest that you use the CPLAY2air wireless adapter for Carplay. It works smoothly with the HR-V's multimedia system. No sound skips or other problems. The adapter is iOS independent. I have an iPhone 12 with iOS 16 (public beta) and everything works as fine as with iOS 15 (HR-V 2019, sport). I have been using the adapter for 3 years with no problem. Just plug it in and forget it. The connection is done automatically.
Thank you for the suggestion I’ll look up that dongle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I managed to fix it, reset everything on the phone, went into diagnostic mode on the head unit, turned carplay off, on again, deleted and reloaded the HondaLink app on the phone, etc. somehow was able to get past the HondaLink message and CarPlay working again. I disabled CarPlay on the phone also and it may have allowed the HondaLink message to finish loading, clear etc. Not sure exactly what fixed it. Dealer appointment cancelled. I'll still buy that other dongle for the music skipping issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why do you need Hondalink on your phone?
I don't need it, just to run CarPlay. But I have wanted to use it along with CarPlay, and was getting this HondaLink message on the head unit, so thought to delete and reload the HondaLink app to see if it would help resolve the issue. Honestly, I wish Honda would just stop this feature or make it available in a CarPlay or Android Auto app. But since it's still there I feel like keeping it active.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts