Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This quote is from Honda's January sales report. The entire article can be found on hondanews.com Looks like we still have "a few months".

"The new year is off to a strong start with three core models selling at record pace, and this is only the beginning," said Jeff Conrad, Honda division senior vice president and general manager. "With an all-new HR-V crossover coming in a few months, an all-new Pilot debuting at the Chicago Auto Show next week and more big news on the horizon, this is going to be an epic year for Honda."

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I am trying to chill my enthusiasm a bit because I am hearing here and there that it will be Fall before we see actual cars here in the US.

The other open question is when we will get more information. That may be later than most of us thought too.

Patience isn't my strong suit, but in this case I will have to do my best to practice it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I stopped in at my local Honda dealer -

I have been out of the car buying loop for a while and I wanted to see the Fit and CRV. The salesman I talked to didn't have any word on he HR-V. He said this is similar to when the Fit came out - they could never get good info on delivery.
Just after he was told it would be another month or two the truck showed up a couple of weeks later.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I have been out of the car buying loop for a while and I wanted to see the Fit and CRV. The salesman I talked to didn't have any word on he HR-V. He said this is similar to when the Fit came out - they could never get good info on delivery.
Just after he was told it would be another month or two the truck showed up a couple of weeks later.
Isn't it amazing how slapdash companies can be about delivery and information even WITHIN the company and it's suppliers.:|

·
Registered
155 Posts
I bet he has some idea just nothing solid that he can be 100% sure of since what ever he tells you is what he will feel like he'll have to live up to while it's not in his control.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I bet he has some idea just nothing solid that he can be 100% sure of since what ever he tells you is what he will feel like he'll have to live up to while it's not in his control.

I agree it is risky for him to be very exact on arrival. But saying it will be Spring or Fall gives him a ton of leeway. No dealer I talked to can even be that broad. I believe they don't know anything, not just being careful.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I mean they must know something. They know what kind of cars are coming up the pipeline. I get the feeling that Honda is focusing entirely on volume models though (other than the NSX). I would expect anything new they announce to follow in that theme.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I mean they must know something. They know what kind of cars are coming up the pipeline. I get the feeling that Honda is focusing entirely on volume models though (other than the NSX). I would expect anything new they announce to follow in that theme.
You would be surprised how uninformed the manufacturers keep their sales people. They don't want them telling customers about future product because we hae current product to sell dammit!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
You would be surprised how uninformed the manufacturers keep their sales people. They don't want them telling customers about future product because we hae current product to sell dammit!!
i wonder if honda is holding back the price so people that are on the fence to find out a price just give up waiting and buy a cr-v. I have to imagine this a big time of year in NA for cr-v sales with how popular it is. They know the hr-v will cut in to the cr-v sales so making people wait for a price this long may just sway some to get a cr-v instead.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i wonder if honda is holding back the price so people that are on the fence to find out a price just give up waiting and buy a cr-v. I have to imagine this a big time of year in NA for cr-v sales with how popular it is. They know the hr-v will cut in to the cr-v sales so making people wait for a price this long may just sway some to get a cr-v instead.
This and they may wait on CX3 pricetags

·
Registered
20 Posts
My son works at a Honda dealer in San Diego and this forum knows more than they do. They have no details at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts