Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As someone thinking about buying a HRV I decided to look at similar cars like the Kia Soul and Jeep Renegade. I really like the interior features of the Soul and wish Honda copied some of them.

But the Jeep Renegade... wow! According to one forum the 2015 model is having major software problems with the 9 speed auto transmission. Jeep is currently holding all deliveries from dealers and sending out notices to owners. Some of the things being reported are quite scary, like engines stalling at high speeds or cars backing up suddenly.

This is a genuine shame because the Jeep actually looks like a very cool car and one I would consider along with the HRV. But with these kind of problems, I really think I should stay away.

Now I'm starting to wonder if it might be a good idea to wait until the 2016 HRV has been out for at least 6 months.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Your comparing a Fiat to a Honda?

Only you can decide what is best for your needs.

As someone thinking about buying a HRV I decided to look at similar cars like the Kia Soul and Jeep Renegade. I really like the interior features of the Soul and wish Honda copied some of them.

But the Jeep Renegade... wow! According to one forum the 2015 model is having major software problems with the 9 speed auto transmission. Jeep is currently holding all deliveries from dealers and sending out notices to owners. Some of the things being reported are quite scary, like engines stalling at high speeds or cars backing up suddenly.

This is a genuine shame because the Jeep actually looks like a very cool car and one I would consider along with the HRV. But with these kind of problems, I really think I should stay away.

Now I'm starting to wonder if it might be a good idea to wait until the 2016 HRV has been out for at least 6 months.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a Jeep Patriot that has served me well, but to be honest, the price and its "Fiat-ness" took the Renegade off the list for me. The HR-V has a lot of the room of my Patriot in a smaller more efficient package and feels like a quality vehicle. I almost considered another Patriot, but I wanted something different and something with better MPG.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hey now, I drive a Fiat Abarth every day and have been for two years and that sucker has been bulletproof. Truly a great car for the price I paid and I could not be much happier. Not a single trip back to the dealer for anything at all in two years, though I have a rattle in my drivers door somewhere so one day I'll have that looked at I guess. Still my favorite car I've ever owned I think, truly a joy to drive! Though there was a Porsche I liked a lot too back in the day, and an SHO... Still the Abarth is definately up the there!

That said, that 9speed transmission is a nightmare, it is the same transmission in the Cherokee and they had issues with it too. Acura (Honda) is using the same transmission and having issue too by the way. Buy a renegade with a manual and you'd be fine. I also do not care for the FCA 2.4 liter engine at all. Would rather have the 1.4 from the Abarth as it is a much better engine.

Shame as the renegade seems very cool otherwise. FCA needs to rethink their drivetrains somewhat I think.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey now, I drive a Fiat Abarth every day and have been for two years and that sucker has been bulletproof. Truly a great car for the price I paid and I could not be much happier. Not a single trip back to the dealer for anything at all in two years, though I have a rattle in my drivers door somewhere so one day I'll have that looked at I guess. Still my favorite car I've ever owned I think, truly a joy to drive! Though there was a Porsche I liked a lot too back in the day, and an SHO... Still the Abarth is definately up the there!
The Abarth seems like a cool little car. A customer of mine has one and I really likes it, but I don't think its his daily driver. Glad yours has been reliable!
Either way, I can't wait to get into my HR-V!

·
Registered
279 Posts
The Abarth seems like a cool little car. A customer of mine has one and I really likes it, but I don't think its his daily driver. Glad yours has been reliable!
Either way, I can't wait to get into my HR-V!
It actually is a very cool enjoyable car, I came so close to getting a Civic Si over the Abarth but I'm very glad I went with the Fiat. It is a hoot to drive and the current Si generation is slightly underwhelming. Faster than my Abarth, but no where near as fun to drive.

I pick up my wife's HR-V on Saturday myself! Can't wait!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Keep us posted!

It actually is a very cool enjoyable car, I came so close to getting a Civic Si over the Abarth but I'm very glad I went with the Fiat. It is a hoot to drive and the current Si generation is slightly underwhelming. Faster than my Abarth, but no where near as fun to drive.

I pick up my wife's HR-V on Saturday myself! Can't wait!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.