Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
As a former multiple Jeep owner, and having used them off-road (strictly for fun!) I can tell you, ain't no way I'm going to do that in my HR-V. If anything, you're never getting all that mud cleaned out. I'm kind of anal about a clean car, and mud gets EVERYWHERE. In my Jeeps mud even soaked the inside of the frame rails. Ugh!

·
Registered
615 Posts
As a former multiple Jeep owner, and having used them off-road (strictly for fun!) I can tell you, ain't no way I'm going to do that in my HR-V. If anything, you're never getting all that mud cleaned out. I'm kind of anal about a clean car, and mud gets EVERYWHERE. In my Jeeps mud even soaked the inside of the frame rails. Ugh!
Most people who off-road are okay with their car getting dirty. You can't really be a neat freak with your car and also like to drive through mud puddles.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Most people who off-road are okay with their car getting dirty. You can't really be a neat freak with your car and also like to drive through mud puddles.
Wrong, I am! I love driving through mud! It is so much fun. But cleaning afterward. And I love a clean car. I think he solution is to buy an old Jeep and use that for mudding.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Agree, but particularly like his part about everyone should "Live Life" and "not take themselves to seriously". ;););)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have been off roading all week in Escalante Utah. Sand, mud, rock. Car did great. Have to be careful because of the lack of high clearance but otherwise did good. It is very dirty. Couple of hours and it will be clean again. Worth every minute of cleaning time.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, nothing beats a clean HRV. :)

Have been off roading all week in Escalante Utah. Sand, mud, rock. Car did great. Have to be careful because of the lack of high clearance but otherwise did good. It is very dirty. Couple of hours and it will be clean again. Worth every minute of cleaning time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts