Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Here it is with the Windows Tinted today... and I installed the mud guards...

Ton of detailing went on the last 2 days to get the black back to shining... and showing the metal flake in it. but after some clay bar...compound...polish and ceramic.. it all turned out very nice.

2020 Honda HR-V.jpg

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Going from a hellcat to the HRV has to be an interesting change.

Just make sure you don't get used to pinning the Honda then go back and drive your other car that way haha

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah... they are a world of difference. I like the HR- though. Its a easy driving vehicle and the gas mileage is the best part.
The other car (Hellcat) requires a little more attention when driving.
My little ones like them both though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just leased a 2021 EX (the dealer didn't have an EX-L or I would have gotten that). They had a demo Sport sitting next to a blue EX. I have to say, the Sport really looked nice. I was tempted (it had 2k miles and would have qualified for a longer warranty for the same price as an EX) but then I realized a Sport is just a better looking LX. I wanted all the safety tech stuff so I opted out. Still, MUCH better looking than the EX/EX-L. Yours looks nice.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Monk,

Thanks! I have a few things coming for it.. Bug deflector... Clear bra for the full front end coverage. Thinking of adding a 10" powered sub to the rear. Factory speakers are clean/crisp...but lack the low frequency bass.... window visors... just the usual things to make it more comfortable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
what kind of tint is that? looks good! i just put a 12" powered sub in the spare tire a week ago.. world of difference with bass now.
how is the ride in those continental tires?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mlum,
Its 3M Ceramic at 30%

Continentals seem to ride pretty well. They are what came on the vehicle and have been handling our rainy weather here very well.

i want to do a powered 10”... i am thinking of one of the Rockford Fosgate powered subs with built in 300 watt amp.

·
Registered
975 Posts
How did you get the red calipers? Those look good as a contrast to the black. Maybe even add a red stripe somewhere along the sides? @Glen e Did a nice stripe below the doors if I recall.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I used the ceramic paint for calipers. Did it in about 2 hours after i cleaned the calipers real good. Its the paint that you do WITH a brush NOT the spray paint type. This stuff holds VERY well. It will last several years if you clean the area well and double coat the surface.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok... Just made the order. I got all new door speakers (4). Went with Kicker at 100 watts RMS and have a Kicker 10" powered sub for the rear. Should sound MUCH better. Door speakers will be here Saturday and I will install them this weekend.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Took my HR-V in for the CVT reflash under the warranty alert. I have had NO issues with mine but better safer than sorry. Will advise if they see anything after the inspection.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks

waiting on parts today...
Have inbound:
Trailer hitch
Dash cover
LED bulbs high beam (did the rest)
Screen protector for head unit
Steering wheel cover
Clear bra for entire front end
Exhaust tip (dual)

will updste with new pictures once its all here and i install it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well had some free time..
Ended up doing the following:

All lights interior/exterior are LED
K&N filter
Trailer hitch 1 1/4”
Smoked tail lights
Touch screen protector for radio

installing full clear bra tomorrow/monday