Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just ordered a new HR-V today, will come in about 3 weeks. I'm in Chicago. Haven't owned a car for 5 years. My last Honda was a 98 Civic DX hatchback, manual. Growing up my parents had a 1986 Accord LX-i 4 door automatic and later my Dad had a 1990 and '93 Integra GS sedan auto. Always loved the S2000 but am too tall for the car. Had a friend in college with an 89 Prelude. Loved riding in it with him despite the headroom issues.

2022 HR-V
Trim: EX-L
Powertrain: AWD (wanted 2WD but the dealer was only able to get AWD-ok it will be good in the winter)
Exterior color: platinum white pearl
Interior color: gray perforated leather
Wheels: 18” finished alloy
Accessories: Body side moulding, door handle protection, splash guard set, all season floor mats, cargo cover – hard

·
Registered
2021 HR-V EX
61 Posts
Hi, just ordered a new HR-V today, will come in about 3 weeks. I'm in Chicago. Haven't owned a car for 5 years. My last Honda was a 98 Civic DX hatchback, manual. Growing up my parents had a 1986 Accord LX-i 4 door automatic and later my Dad had a 1990 and '93 Integra GS sedan auto. Always loved the S2000 but am too tall for the car. Had a friend in college with an 89 Prelude. Loved riding in it with him despite the headroom issues.

2022 HR-V
Trim: EX-L
Powertrain: AWD (wanted 2WD but the dealer was only able to get AWD-ok it will be good in the winter)
Exterior color: platinum white pearl
Interior color: gray perforated leather
Wheels: 18” finished alloy
Accessories: Body side moulding, door handle protection, splash guard set, all season floor mats, cargo cover – hard
You sold me, now I want another one just like yours... :)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I have basically the same car, except mine is an early 2016. White, EX-L, AWD, with leather. My accessories are: the Weathertech floor mats and trunk tray; LED lamps in the headlights, fog lights, and backup lights; clear bra; cargo hard cover; cross bars; and dash cam. You're going to love the vehicle! Welcome!

·
Registered
2021 HR-V EX
61 Posts
I have basically the same car, except mine is an early 2016. White, EX-L, AWD, with leather. My accessories are: the Weathertech floor mats and trunk tray; LED lamps in the headlights, fog lights, and backup lights; clear bra; cargo hard cover; cross bars; and dash cam. You're going to love the vehicle! Welcome!
Where did you purchase your cross bars? Were they directly from Honda, or an aftermarket?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for such a warm welcome! I'll take the time to read through the forums, mainly looking for technical info on the car (esp. about the software in the car) and what mods people have made.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
finally took delivery 2 months after putting down deposit. happy so far.

as delivered
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

with mudflaps and body side mouldings
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

kennedy expressway at church curve
Cloud Automotive parking light Sky Car Vehicle

18" OEM alloys with tires, put them in storage till spring. probably should have just used tire rack.
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

playing around with the head unit. trying to figure out if a wallpaper can be put behind the normal screens, not just with the clock
Gadget Font Communication Device Multimedia Technology

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
$1300.00 AUD fine and 3 Demerit points off our license if caught using our cell phone while driving.
Even if it is turned off and sitting in your lap. :eek:
we're not supposed to do it here also

What Are the Current Penalties for Distracted Driving in Illinois?
Under current Illinois Law, your first violation for Distracted Driving is considered a petty offense that only carries a fine and court costs. Under current Illinois Distracted Driving law, your first Distracted Driving ticket will not count towards any points on your license. A second, or subsequent, Distracted Driving offense, will be considered a moving violation. The maximum fine for your first Distracted Driving offense is $75. The maximum fine for a second Distracted Driving offense is $100. The maximum fine for a third Distracted Driving offense is $125. The maximum fine for a fourth, or subsequent Distracted Driving offense is $150. In addition to the mandatory fines, you will also have to pay court costs which could substantially increase the monetary penalty depending on which county your case is in.

·
Registered
2021 Honda HR-V Vti-S
105 Posts
We never got to Chicago when we visited the USA in 2013, we got as far as Detroit where I met up with a Marine buddy I met on the Internet. I made it a point of meeting him in person, we spent 4 days together. He and I are like this...
Food Plant Vertebrate Leaf Rectangle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts