Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering.....We are hearing a bit about HR-V sample cars arriving at dealerships in April.

I wonder if it is possible the dealer will know and release pricing info on a personal basis at that time despite the press embargo? As long as they don't advertise it, of course.

Nah.......I am rethinking this....probably not. Bicepeak would just blab it all over the place. You know how HE is. :D

·
Registered
514 Posts
Just wondering.....We are hearing a bit about HR-V sample cars arriving at dealerships in April.

I wonder if it is possible the dealer will know and release pricing info on a personal basis at that time despite the press embargo? As long as they don't advertise it, of course.

Nah.......I am rethinking this....probably not. Bicepeak would just blab it all over the place. You know how HE is. :D

Not finding anything new today huh? :D

I would think they would want to try to keep you and others from blabbing it, because we all know if you find out the price, you will be telling your internet hrv friends!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not finding anything new today huh? :D

I would think they would want to try to keep you and others from blabbing it, because we all know if you find out the price, you will be telling your internet hrv friends!
Or they could tell me, but then they would have to kill me?

·
Registered
118 Posts
speculation - looked at the Honda press releases for the 2014 NYIAS. The Honda Presser was on April 17th last year. They announced the Presser on 4/7 which stated they would show the Fit again. On 4/9 they published the Fit Press Releases with all specs and MSRP. On sale date was announced as the infamous "Later this month" which turned out to be June.

The 4/9 date also coincided with the end of the review embargo. A little google search from April shows that a whole bunch of reviews were first available on the internet on 4/9.

Now how does this relate to the hrv??? 1- Its not too late for Honda to announce a Presser at the NYIAS which starts on 4/2 this year and 2- we might not see any pricing information until the Embargo ends at the end of April. or 3 - I am just crazy and none of this matters!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was at my large local Honda dealer yesterday. Zero info. They didn't even place an order yet and won't know when they will get a showroom sample until it comes on the truck.

I was also told that HRV top of the line they expect to run about $25000 and entry level just under $20000. That spread seems to tight to me.

I hope it maxes out at $25000 is buy that in a heart beat.

I did put my name on the list for first test drives.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got a call from my dealer in Arkansas to make an appointment for next week to come see the HRV. I didn't even know what to say so I asked when they would have some available. She said "we just have to send someone to drive and pick them up and they'll be here." She also asked if there were any options I was specifically looking for on the car. So I have an appointment for the end of next week...now I'm just wondering if they are just trying to get me on the lot to sell me something that's actually there if the HRV isn't. I'll let you guys know if they give me any new details though.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Just got a call from my dealer in Arkansas to make an appointment for next week to come see the HRV. I didn't even know what to say so I asked when they would have some available. She said "we just have to send someone to drive and pick them up and they'll be here." She also asked if there were any options I was specifically looking for on the car. So I have an appointment for the end of next week...now I'm just wondering if they are just trying to get me on the lot to sell me something that's actually there if the HRV isn't. I'll let you guys know if they give me any new details though.

Hi Loren,
That does sound a little strange. I wonder if she thought you meant CR-V. Some salespeople don't have very good listening ears when they smell a sale. It just seems awfully early to have a tester HR-V there.

Is there any way you could call back and verify that?
Where in Arkansas is this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I called back to confirm. Turns out it was too good to be true. There was apparently a CRV/HRV "misunderstanding." Color me disappointed...sorry for the false lead.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I won't be surprised if that same sales person lacks passion for selling the vehicles they do, when you're passionate and have a genuine interest, you're much more involved in the process.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts