Honda HR-V Forum banner

Key Fob Battery

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Carbuff2 
#1 ·
Morning,
I purchased my 2016 HRV-EX new.
Over the last month or so the key indicator on the dash has been lighting off and on intermittently.
In order to give some time before changing the battery in the fob, I checked the second fob in so far as using that fob for a time hoping that the sensor would right itself. This did not work so I changed the battery in the fob that I use daily. The light is still coming off and on intermittently. Not continuously. I've yet to figure out when it comes on and when it goes off.
Coincidentally the car has an appointment coming up for an oil change. I'll request the fob and push start button be checked and anything associated with that indicator on the dash. Am I asking for too much to be done? Or is there more that needs to be considered in the request.?
I would appreciate all thoughts on what I should ask when I talk to the service folks at the dealership.

Thank you for this forum. I read every post as it arrives in my email and have learned a lot about the vehicle itself. Also any potential issues that may arise and information about routine service that should not be avoided.
Carol

See less See more
#2 ·
There are two key indicators.

A green one is for the immobilizer, which is supposed to come on when you start the car and goes out as soon as the checks are done. Pg 81

The other is a yellow key with an '!' through it. That's for the smart entry system, which could also be an issue with the push-to-start button. Pg 79

#3 ·
Morning,
I purchased my 2016 HRV-EX new.
Over the last month or so the key indicator on the dash has been lighting off and on intermittently.
In order to give some time before changing the battery in the fob, I checked the second fob in so far as using that fob for a time hoping that the sensor would right itself. This did not work so I changed the battery in the fob that I use daily. The light is still coming off and on intermittently. Not continuously. I've yet to figure out when it comes on and when it goes off.
Coincidentally the car has an appointment coming up for an oil change. I'll request the fob and push start button be checked and anything associated with that indicator on the dash. Am I asking for too much to be done? Or is there more that needs to be considered in the request.?
I would appreciate all thoughts on what I should ask when I talk to the service folks at the dealership.

Thank you for this forum. I read every post as it arrives in my email and have learned a lot about the vehicle itself. Also any potential issues that may arise and information about routine service that should not be avoided.
Carol
HR-V 2018 AWD / Suddenly I have a bip (4 times) when starting with a «low key battery» indicator ... I removed the key battery and checked the level. It was 2.85 V, I put it back and there is no more sound and indication in the dash bord !?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.