Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so..the auto lock push button on door handle doesn't work or the auto entry feature. Dealer doesn't know how to program. The push button start is fine though. Any ideas? I have had it 2 weeks, nice ride. No other issues.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I know on Acura's I've driven, there's a button on the outside of the door handle to lock the doors and a sensor on the inside to unlock them. The only trick I know is that you can't be touching the sensor when you press the button to lock the doors or it won't work.

But sounds like neither are working for you... bummer. Hope you get it fixed quickly. Sounds like maybe it's the door and not the key fob at fault...?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Both fobs? You should have gotten 2. Your dealer needs to figure out the problem.

Look at the cd- there are ways to reprogram what locks, when- but you haveo to look at the cd- not the online manual.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
was fixed today...connector inside door panel unplugged from factory. Funny how my dealer didnt know anything about it but a dealer in the big city fixed it quick and easy..hmmmm

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did the other dealer charge you? I've had my car at the dealer's for over 2 weeks because the fobs (the basic, not the smart) won't lock the front driver door. All the other doors lock and open when you do the fob button. So the only way to lock the driver's door is to insert the key and do it. They changed everything, or said they did. When I went to pick it up today after they said it was done the battery was dead so they jumped it and I left. Got home (I bought it across the river about 40 minutes because they had the LX in black) and checked. Nope it was doing the same thing. And trying to get in touch with the service center is terrible...I called back and they said bring it in again. Really 'effin annoyed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nope, its under warranty any dealer should fix it for free. Take it to a big city dealer. They seem to care more than my little local dealer did.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
New model; everybody is still learning. Some people have been bothered by a rattling noise from the engine compartment at 1500 RPM. Nobody could figure it out until one person here reported that his dealer found that the connector for the O2 sensor had just enough free play to set up a harmonic vibration. I'm sure there will be other "discoveries" over the coming months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts