Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just bought a 2022 EX as my daily driver.
With this new vehicle, I treat the mpg as a high score to beat! So far with daily driving, since I got it 3 weeks ago, average is 34.6mpg(interstate and city).
My fiancé on the other hand seems to try to get my score as low as possible. Each time she uses her lead foot, my score drops to 24-26mpg.
I ask her to use the Econ feature, but I don't think that helps with her style of driving...:cry:

·
Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
288 Posts
LOL.

My wife has a Lead Foot, too. I commonly achieve 15% better MPG on both our cars. :p

Is it worth it to mention this? I say, NO. 😇

·
Registered
2021 LX AWD Modern Steel Metallic
153 Posts
LOL.

My wife has a Lead Foot, too. I commonly achieve 15% better MPG on both our cars. :p

Is it worth it to mention this? I say, NO. 😇
My wife is a 'digital' driver- all gas or all brakes with little moderation. Have I mentioned it to her? Yes. The result is not pretty 😕

·
Registered
101 Posts
Solution get her own vehicle. My wife has hip replacements to go along with a bad back so my old lowered Fit and the HaRV are uncomfortable for her. She likes her 2010 Dodge Caravan with only 65000. The running boards make it easier for her.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
184 Posts
I Just bought a 2022 EX as my daily driver.
With this new vehicle, I treat the mpg as a high score to beat! So far with daily driving, since I got it 3 weeks ago, average is 34.6mpg(interstate and city).
My fiancé on the other hand seems to try to get my score as low as possible. Each time she uses her lead foot, my score drops to 24-26mpg.
I ask her to use the Econ feature, but I don't think that helps with her style of driving...:cry:
My wife pulls in and I smell hot brakes. Hmmm.... wonder why she gets 3-6 less MPG driving the same mode HRV as I do. That econ button seems almost fake or possibly IS fake to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts