Honda HR-V Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
I have officially given up on finding a clean solution to the LED signal lights. I have tried a number of different adaptors and a number of different bulbs and no joy. I have installed resistors using Positaps and I hope that is the end of it!

repose

Ok, why did I switch?

I like the modern look of the LED lamps.
I like that they are low power consumption.
Except that they are NOT. The resistors prevent rapid flashing by putting the same load on the circuit as the original halogen turn signals.

I like the intensity of the lamps..
So do I.

As far as it is necessary? I also like the idea that my car is a little different, but not in a non functional way. I've always been a function over form person, and that is part of what appeals to me about the HRV.

Kris

Resistors do not put additional load on a circuit. Resistors REDUCE electrical load.
That depends on the circuit configuration. A resistor in series with a load will reduce the current flow through the circuit. A resistor in parallel with a load will increase the total current in a circuit since it provides an additional path for current to flow.

Thanks for the idea.
That's not so good from me. I doubt I'll find a premade one and making one is problematic for me.
I'll look around, or I might have to shift back to the standard bulbs.
Thanks again.
Kris
I tried those cable, put it on one side and it still hyper flash, the front bulb is 7444NA and rear is 7440 NA. Will that still make it flash fast? Let us all know if you have the answer

Evening all,

I have fitted non hyperflashing amber LED's to my 2016 HR-V

I've also exchanged the OE halogen DRL's and reversing light. All of the replacement LED's are plug and play without the need to fit resistors or any additional wiring. All the LED's have been in place for at least a month without issue.

As a comparison the LED's are on the drivers side (door open). In case anyone is wondering, the dark area in front of the OSF indicator is a plastic cap to reduce blinding people directly in frong of it. There is no interference with the operation of the 'One Touch - 3 Flash' function that is really useful when changing lanes on motorways and dual carriageways.

Enjoy!

I'm converting all my HR-V bulbs to LEDs and I'm wondering if any of you have replaced your flasher relay module with the type that supports LED bulbs? I'd rather replace that than add a bunch of gangly load resistors to my wiring. If so, can you please share the specifics of the LED flasher module you used and how to get to it in the vehicle?

I'd also like to know if anyone has addressed the puny cargo light with a better solution? I'd like to find a plug and play upgrade for that, and maybe the dome light too. Phillips 194 LED bulbs work great in the factory fixtures, but no bulb that size is bright enough to reveal the contents of the black hole beneath my cargo cover.

Also, if anyone understands how the fabric loops attached to the rear seats are supposed to be arranged to manage the seatbelt latch hardware, please share. You deserve a cookie.

Cheers!
-David

You nailed it. I would like to know the answer to all your questions.🤞

Evening all, I have fitted non hyperflashing amber LED's to my 2016 HR-V I've also exchanged the OE halogen DRL's and reversing light. All of the replacement LED's are plug and play without the need to fit resistors or any additional wiring. All the LED's have been in place for at least a month without issue. As a comparison the LED's are on the drivers side (door open). In case anyone is wondering, the dark area in front of the OSF indicator is a plastic cap to reduce blinding people directly in frong of it. There is no interference with the operation of the 'One Touch - 3 Flash' function that is really useful when changing lanes on motorways and dual carriageways. Enjoy!
What bulbs did you use for the flashers? Are there load resistors? Please share how you achieved success here!

@mgoldman85 These are the bulbs I fitted: 582 Twenty20 HF0 LED Indicator Bulbs
They deliver to the US for around £6 if you are prepared to wait 7-10 days.

They are plug and play, with no resistors. I have had them installed for over two years with no issues (apart from the rears which I will mention later). They have even passed the annual MoT - annual safety check that all vehicles have to pass when they reach 3 years of age. Although I purchased four, I now only have them installed in the headlamp unit as due to the design of the rear light cluster the LED's are far too bright and were blinding the drivers behind me. It just means I have two spare indicator LED's in my breakdown kit.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.