Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V LX CVT AWD. Crystal Black Perl with many many mods!
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,

I installed a aftermarket led fog light kit from Spider it comes with everything you need including the interior switch for less than $100 bucks! On Amazon

·
Registered
188 Posts
Please provide some more details on ordering from Amazon. Thanks.
His Amazon purchase might not work for you, because it's for the face lift version (2019+) which has a different shape to the fog lamp housing.

If you have a pre-facelift, all you have to do is plug in "Honda HR-V LED" in to the Amazon search... some of the products that shows up will be face lift version and pre-face lift version among all the LED bulbs.

·
Registered
165 Posts
His Amazon purchase might not work for you, because it's for the face lift version (2019+) which has a different shape to the fog lamp housing.

If you have a pre-facelift, all you have to do is plug in "Honda HR-V LED" in to the Amazon search... some of the products that shows up will be face lift version and pre-face lift version among all the LED bulbs.
Thank you!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Seems like a very obvious issue but thanks for chiming in your input is always appreciated

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well, it seems fairly obvious that a link would've been better than posting a screen shot from a phone of product for a 2019 HR-V, especially when the person asking for help owns a 2016 HR-V.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looks good, thanks for posting and the pictures. I see you installed the air deflector, so did I was it the Honda OEM one? I also installed the splash guards and got window tinting. I like saving money buying the lowest trim level LX, then doing a few things to make it into a higher level for a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
538 Posts
With climate control, everything (including AC/heat, fan speed and air vents,and temperature) is automatic. Set it once, and it is good forever. What you have is 50 year old tecnology. There are many other differences too (some big and some small). No matter what you do to your car, it will always be an LX...enjoy your car though

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah it’s the oem one also baught on Amazon see the photo below.
You guys are funny arguing that Automatic climate control is somehow superior to the tried and true old school systems. I had auto climate on my Acura TL and let me tell you that over 14 years of using the system it is not any better then the manual system in the LX HRV because less technology is in my opinion better! Do you know how much it will cost you to repair that fancy digital system when it eventually goes out? I spent 40k on that Acura and it was fully loaded everything eventually broke (navigation, climate, door locks, steering rack, transmission, drive shafts, hubs, headlights, sunroof) all needed to be replaced or i never bothered because the car wasn’t worth it. Let’s not kid ourselves folks some of us got this inexpensive vehicle because it was inexpensive and not because we wanted a fully loaded luxury vehicle. Been there done that I’ll buy all the aftermarket parts at 1/10th The price of what a EX or Touring model includes. I just purchased leather seats today I’ll post the upgrade soon and I’ll laugh all the way to the bank :)

I know there are some upgrades available that I can’t do because the LX don’t have the same wiring harnesses as the more expensive models but all that technology crap will be out dated before the 3rd gen HRV comes out. Just my 2 cents no need to take it personally good luck to you and enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
538 Posts
As i said earlier, at least for me, the features you get in the EX trim make it much more attractive for the money. I am sure I would be happy with an LX though, To me, the climate control is very nice. To start with, the heater waits until the car warms up before the fan speed increases to prevent cold air. The fan speed and the temp settings seem proactive vs a reactive settings that manual setting things require. We never have to adjust anything at all. I am sure it would cost more to fix, but that is why I bought a Honda

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was surprised when I tore my drivers seat in the TL by wearing a designer pair of jeans that had some fancy metal rivets on the ass 🤦🏻 No they where not bedazzled haha!! I wish that was the end of the seat problems but after a few years the lumbar support broke then eventually the electric seat motor failed leaving it stuck in one position... I vowed to never over spend on a car, so I figured I’d get the least “advanced” vehicle and the LX HR-V ticked all the boxes. I don’t think you made a mistake it’s nice to own something you are proud of and we should all be able to decide for ourselves what we need vs what we want.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you think a good seat cover would have helped?
sorry Hikendan I missed this message, yes certainly the Acura had perforated leather that was the weak point in the leather where it eventually wore a hole in them. the Covercraft Genuine leather seat covers I have on the HR-V are amazing,

I have used them about a month now they fit 100% perfect without any issues, nobody even notices the car dint come with them! this has really made me confident in the product for the future I will likely never buy another car with leather seats when for about $1,000 you can get a set of aftermarket ones that look, feel and last as good as or better then OEM leather. most options packages include leather in their upper trim levels and cost significantly more than $1,000 but you do get extra equipment along with the leather. In my opinion; most of the high tech stuff tends to break or become obsolete so quickly that unless you are leasing the car, in the long term you are better off with the old school HVAC/stereo's ect ect..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts