Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, my first post. I've tried to keep up with all the info on upgrading my lights but it's hard to scan thru all of the info on which ones the best for price, easy install, etc... Please enlighten me as to what should I upgrade to?? Read some things about heat sinks no sinks, fans no fans, high beams, low beams, etc... Help an old guy out that's having a harder time seeing at night!! Thanks I've got a 2016 HRV LX2, 2 WD with 57,000 miles on it, that I leased new in 2016, then brought in 2019. Love the car and haven't had any issues whatsoever! Except the start button that I cleaned couple years ago and no problem since. Anyone could email me or post it here, I'll try to keep up! lol

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hi All, my first post. I've tried to keep up with all the info on upgrading my lights but it's hard to scan thru all of the info on which ones the best for price, easy install, etc... Please enlighten me as to what should I upgrade to?? Read some things about heat sinks no sinks, fans no fans, high beams, low beams, etc... Help an old guy out that's having a harder time seeing at night!! Thanks I've got a 2016 HRV LX2, 2 WD with 57,000 miles on it, that I leased new in 2016, then brought in 2019. Love the car and haven't had any issues whatsoever! Except the start button that I cleaned couple years ago and no problem since. Anyone could email me or post it here, I'll try to keep up! lol
Well I am 67 and also confused by the ton of companies making led bulbs...most I have never herd about before. I ended up just upgrading the halogen bulbs to the Philips xtreme vision...They are a little brighter and whiter then the stock OEM bulb..

·
Registered
126 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
What did you go with for the fogs Bill? Any tricks to the install? Ever change out the reverse lights? I find the backup camera is terrible at night. I suspect brighter lights would help that.
Dean
Here are the fogs - Trick for sure. I had Honda put them in for free. I said I am paying you for snows and rims I think you could do better than a 1/2 hr labour. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00N5BAWYK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used these for backup. Much better. The sockets are in tight for my older fingers so a gentle twist with pliers loosened them. Remove the small covers to access them as Hadley suggested.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
625 Posts
For my HR-V, I went out of my way to get the dealership to aim my headlights lower, when I went in for an alignment check after swapping in the Tanabe Sustec springs. Even before that, they were aimed a little higher than I like.

Some folks, and manufacturers, just... don't care.

On a Nissan Pathfinder, that I borrowed for two years before I got my Fit, I actually had more people flash their high beams at me when I had the OE halogen bulbs, than when I put in the HID kit. No, the headlight housing was not designed for HIDs. It was a 1999.5 model year (1999 that refreshed mid-year with some 2000 stuff, f-ing pain in the ass to find parts for), so HIDs were not an OEM thing for it.

Some other folks are just a-holes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts