Honda HR-V Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

Registered
I also have a 2019 HR-V and have been reading and rereading this thread trying to figure out the bulb types.
In this thread alone H4, H8, H1, and H11 have been mentioned but I still don't know what to order for my low beams.
Any guidance would be appreciated.

Super Moderator
All the cars I'm interested in buying. I always looked the owner's manual first (if it is available). This way I don't get too many surprises. :)

Registered
Hello guys!!
I have recently ordered a new hrv.
It will be delivered to me on 2020..
I m pretty sure that the lighting wont be that great...
The car will be delivered to me with halogen lumps.
What do you think i should do??
White halogen lumps like osram night breaker for instance or led ???

Registered
Hello guys!!
I have recently ordered a new hrv.
It will be delivered to me on 2020..
I m pretty sure that the lighting wont be that great...
The car will be delivered to me with halogen lumps.
What do you think i should do??
White halogen lumps like osram night breaker for instance or led ???
As I mentioned in another thread, I'm putting this bit here too...

Wait until you actually get the HR-V... then decide whether or not its good enough.

If it isn't good enough, prepare yourself to try out products until you are satisfied.

You can start with the Nighteye that has been mentioned. But I've seen a few variants under that name. Regardless of the brand name, I suggest you find ones with three small LEDs arranged in a row without gaps between them (they'll look almost like a single long LED).

Avoid the ones that use only one LED with a big lens around it or the ones with multiple LEDs with gaps. Either of those will likely produce poor output. The single LED versions won't have decent cut offs (you know the "line" where a lot of light shines below but almost nothing above). The multiple LED versions with gaps will produce actual gaps in output too. It looks kinda like a barcode going across. The bigger the gap, the worse it looks.

~~

To add some more... bad LEDs will actually diffuse too much of the light so that it looks as bad as standard halogen bulbs (or worse than the brighter ones). But decent to good quality LED bulbs will outshine the brighter halogen bulbs, without compromising on life. Which is the issue with many halogen bulbs that are "brighter/whiter" than standard... they do this by heating up the filament more, which shortens its life. In addition, you can also run the risk of overheating/burning the wires in the wire harness. And that's a pain to deal with.

~~

Are you taking your lumps? Do you need lamps to see them?

Registered
The only sure thing is that i will wait until the dealership notifies me to go and take my car..!
Its just that i want to know a few things in advance..馃槑

Thank you very much!!!

Registered
I have a 2019 hrv as well

I鈥檝e owned about 10 different led bulb brands in various vehicles I own. A lot of sets didn鈥檛 focus the light down road and caused major glare.

I have some beamtech(just relabeled nighteyes) in my bmw z3 and they are the best budget option I鈥檝e tried so far.

I鈥檓 currently waiting on a set of Morimoto 2 stroke 2.0s for my hrv. I鈥檒l let you know if I think these are worth the price($100 on eBay)

Leds have really white/blue light(5250k-6500k) this means that rain and fog will greatly reduce your ability to see with this light color. A simple solution would be to get a set of 3000k yellow fog lights.

I purchased a set of 3000k yellow led for my hrv as well but I鈥檓 Still waiting on them to arrive so I can鈥檛 give feedback on the particular ones.

Also if you have the money, HID lights will put the best of LED shame.

Registered
I have a 2019 hrv as well

I鈥檝e owned about 10 different led bulb brands in various vehicles I own. A lot of sets didn鈥檛 focus the light down road and caused major glare.

I have some beamtech(just relabeled nighteyes) in my bmw z3 and they are the best budget option I鈥檝e tried so far.

I鈥檓 currently waiting on a set of Morimoto 2 stroke 2.0s for my hrv. I鈥檒l let you know if I think these are worth the price($100 on eBay)

Leds have really white/blue light(5250k-6500k) this means that rain and fog will greatly reduce your ability to see with this light color. A simple solution would be to get a set of 3000k yellow fog lights.

I purchased a set of 3000k yellow led for my hrv as well but I鈥檓 Still waiting on them to arrive so I can鈥檛 give feedback on the particular ones.

Also if you have the money, HID lights will put the best of LED shame.
Thank you very much for your reply my friend!!
Much appreciated..!!
To be honest, i m thinking about using halogen bulbs, philips white vision..
Dont if its right or wrong, but i m heading there to be honest..!

Registered
Upgraded Halogens aren鈥檛 a bad choice.

Just don鈥檛 buy any halogen bulbs with blue tint. These will Actually be dimmer than bulbs without the tint.

You could check out the Phillips extreme vision as well.

You could even upgrade to h9 60watt halogens, these would be pretty bright in any bulb choice. They Will fit in the low beam housing but will have a slightly shorter life span due to being higher wattage.

Registered
Upgraded Halogens aren鈥檛 a bad choice.

Just don鈥檛 buy any halogen bulbs with blue tint. These will Actually be dimmer than bulbs without the tint.

You could check out the Phillips extreme vision as well.

You could even upgrade to h9 60watt halogens, these would be pretty bright in any bulb choice. They Will fit in the low beam housing but will have a slightly shorter life span due to being higher wattage.
havent got the car yet..
But i think it comes with H4 bulbs..!
Anyway..
The white vision will last about 2 years!!
So, its white, hopefully bright enough and will last 2 years..
Music to my ears..
馃ぃ馃槀馃ぃ馃槀馃ぃ馃槀馃ぃ馃槀

Registered
havent got the car yet..
But i think it comes with H4 bulbs..!
Anyway..
The white vision will last about 2 years!!
So, its white, hopefully bright enough and will last 2 years..
Music to my ears..
馃ぃ馃槀馃ぃ馃槀馃ぃ馃槀馃ぃ馃槀
The 2016-2018 HR-V used H4 bulbs (single bulb that has two filaments. one for high and one for low beam), but the facelift/refresh for 2019-2020 use either full LEDs or H11 projector for low beam and HB3 reflector for high beam and LED strip for DRL... for most (not all?) regions of the world, just like the title of the thread states.

If your country is getting the facelift version, then you'll need to find H11 bulbs. You'll use H4 only if the version is pre-facelift (or you modify it back to the older reflector).

Registered
The 2016-2018 HR-V used H4 bulbs (single bulb that has two filaments. one for high and one for low beam), but the facelift/refresh for 2019-2020 use either full LEDs or H11 projector for low beam and HB3 reflector for high beam and LED strip for DRL... for most (not all?) regions of the world, just like the title of the thread states.

If your country is getting the facelift version, then you'll need to find H11 bulbs. You'll use H4 only if the version is pre-facelift (or you modify it back to the older reflector).
Dont know to be honest..
But somewhere i think i saw h4..

I really dont know..
Dont remember where, but i m pretty sure i red that the facelift will come with h4...
Not certain about it though...

Registered
Each of the links in this thread for LEDs for 2019's are expired or bad. Can anyone give a solid recommendation for 2019 LED conversion for headlights and fogs?

Thanks!

81 - 97 of 97 Posts