Honda HR-V Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2023 hr-v exl with the walk-away auto lock setting on. The other day I stepped out of the car without shutting it off and took the keys with me thinking it would lock behind me, but instead of beeping once like normal, it beeped multiple times continuously and did not lock.

Has anyone experienced this as well? Is there no way to lock the car while it's still running? Thank you!

·
Registered
2023 HR-V EX-L (my third HR-V)
11 Posts
I have 2023 hr-v exl with the walk-away auto lock setting on. The other day I stepped out of the car without shutting it off and took the keys with me thinking it would lock behind me, but instead of beeping once like normal, it beeped multiple times continuously and did not lock.

Has anyone experienced this as well? Is there no way to lock the car while it's still running? Thank you!
Well, I would suggest using the remote start or lock the car after you get out using the fob.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts

I dont think you could lock it while running.... if you had the keys in your pocket it should beep a few times
and if the keys were inside it SHOULD not allow to lock the doors.

I should try to see if i can get a passenger to manually lock the doors from inside, while its running. Both with the keys inside and keys in my pocket away from the car.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I have found one way to lock while it is running @John35g. Get out with the driver's side window down. Reach inside and press the door lock button. Now, press the button for the driver's side window to roll it up automatically. Now the vehicle is running, the doors are locked, and the windows are up. Note, you may have to use the hidden key inside the fob to unlock the car when you return as it won't recognize that the fob is not in the car.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I have found one way to lock while it is running @John35g. Get out with the driver's side window down. Reach inside and press the door lock button. Now, press the button for the driver's side window to roll it up automatically. Now the vehicle is running, the doors are locked, and the windows are up. Note, you may have to use the hidden key inside the fob to unlock the car when you return as it won't recognize that the fob is not in the car.
how does it know I climbed out the window ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I saw this post last week, and thought it odd. Lo and behold, even using the remote/fob, it won't lock while running (the fob and I weren't in the car). This was a drag this past Sunday, as I had a bunch of fresh seafood in my car waiting to fill some orders, and had to leave her running so as to keep the a/c on, for obvious reasons. After reading the new posts on this thread, I'm going to have to figure out how to roll the windows up with the remote, as all I've found so far is how to roll them down (IMHO, it's stupid that the sun roof opens with them ... not sure why it does). Thanks so much for the info!

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is a real key inside the key fob: Key Inside Key FOB

Push the little knob on the back to the side, then pull on the silver part
Of that I am aware, and now realize that it appears the only way to have the car locked while running with the key fob outside of the car is by using the real key to lock and then unlock.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts